Zentyal vs NethServer comparison matrix

Hi guys,

since I don’t know how to insert rows/columns layout here, I chose to share a link from my google drive which you can comment there and here too of course.

Very first version goes here:

This will be the second half of an infographics which I’ve already started, so please comment it with fixes, I know it’s not perfect.

4 Likes

Backup server in zentyal wasn’t removed from 4.0? HA in nethserver is a wip right @Stll0 ?

That’s really good I’ll comment a few points! Please upload here your infographic as well! Though it’s not already finished

Well it’s still the first ugly version, working in a conversation and fixes.

pdf

I’ll check all features with Zentyal 4.0, first I must reinstall it after it died in the middle of an update ehehehhe

1 Like

@WolfAddict Nethserver has coova-chilli as its captive portal. Check http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/2782

2 Likes

Thanks, fixed in the sheet.

Exported youre PDF as image, good work let’s go ahead!

Edit: @WolfAddict just added a few comments on your spreadsheet

4 Likes

Hi Wolf. Great work with the comparision table!
Below is the addition to what was with ??? on zentyal

Mail filter YES YES
High Availability YES ???
Backing up stored local data YES YES

Also i think that we should add the features that got removed, what do you think ?

Best regards
Bogdan

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve fixed it. In my opinion we must compare what we can use, not we cannot :slight_smile:
@alefattorini what do you think?

Definitely agree, comparison should be between NethServer 6.6 and Zentyal 4.1

2 Likes

I feel they are two different distros, pull what can be used off the other distro whatever features you feel would be adaptable and implement them. There are many different directions this can go its all up to the demand and the difficulty of the integration where it is stable. This is what is important that no matter what you add it has to be stable without breaking the distro.

1 Like

The most important aspect I think!

thats the point, I have experienced at least one which was IPS via NethServer that had broke, so I am aware there is a point that this can become unstable in testing and developing. My job here is to beta test, it is what was asked of me, which i was completely thrilled with doing,and this is what i am doing and reporting back results to help the developers determine various aspects of adding certain features to the package. I have vast knowledge in beta testing and have done it for numerous teams in the past along with developing light amounts of code, I have experience with just that, which i would love to see this distro grow for the community to the specifications that are in demand. I can see it eventually exceeding what everyone wants and expects in a good distro package.

2 Likes

Nice job. In terms of LDAP I believe that Zentyal is still ahead.

Hope to see nethserver moving to samba4 in the near future providing an MS AD alternative. :slight_smile:

@WolfAddict can you add matrix info your infochart? I’d like to share it on social :wink:

Sure, I’ll do it tomorrow at night. Sorry for long delays, started to
translate also and always so little time. Ahhh family…

2 Likes

Sorry, I need two more days for recovery. I’m hit by a bad virus, till this
point I was unable to get up my phone, was so weak. :mask:

Don’t worry and take care of yourself! @alefattorini, aka #OctoFactor can wait :smile:

Don’t worry Wolf ; )