Wrong default locale in nextcloud

1. The most important feature is, that the default works for every app and user without tedious setup, like now “english” is the default, it should be possible to change it it “german is the default”. IMHO in most installations all users will use the same single language in all applications.

2. “Force language” could be an option, but there is no real need to prevent someone to use a different language. If implemented it should be an only an option.

3. It is not just for two applications but all application to now and to come, where it is possible to change the default language.

How to open a feature? Here or on github?

Here, just go to Feature and create a new topic.

Hi there,

I run my own NC server on ubuntu 20.04 and every now and again I got locale issue like now.

On my server i have default locale en_GB as per localectl

# localectl 
   System Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
                  LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
       VC Keymap: n/a
      X11 Layout: us
       X11 Model: pc105

then I added in config.php

'default language' => 'en',
'default_locale' => 'en_GB',

within the array. I tried also locale with en_US

I restarted Apache and also reboot the server but still the same issue.
Reading along this post I haven’t found a clear answer but did not want to start a new thread with same name.

Whant can I do to solve the issue?

cheers

@gipsea

Hi Mauro

In case you haven’t noticed, this is the NethServer Forum, not Ubuntu. NethServer is based on Centos7, so the basics are very different.

Try on the Ubuntu server forum - or install NethServer and get help here. :slight_smile:
On NethServer, it works more or less “out of the box” - and for several years.

But as we don’t base of Ubuntu, we can’t really help you here.

My 2 cents
Andy

@Andy_Wismer

Thanks for pointing out…completly missi it out

Cheers

1 Like