Windows client problem logon after update nethserver

NethServer Version: 7.8.2003

On the services tab: smb and winbind are stopped

Hello everyone, I have problem yesterday, after automatically update nethserver, it’s like there’s no domain controller running on, any advice to check? thanks

@Mary27

Hello Mary

Welcome to the NethServer forum!

A few places to check:

In the NethServer Cockpit:

Navigate here:

You should see this:

If it’s not running, check for more updates, install them if any, and reboot.

I’ve noticed that on some installations, after the recent updates, the Samba Account Provider took a little longer than usual to start up, but eventually did start up!

You can also check using the older Dashboard interface (Port 980) - go down to Account Provider (about middle of the left hand menu…)

If it’s still not working, please post the samba logs, and maybe some info about your server (CPU/RAM/Disks, Function (Firewall)…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

this is the stopped service

Hi Mary

There’s something there about “NO MEMORY”…

What is this server running on?
Hardware, ram, cpu?

Did you try a reboot?

My 2 cents
Andy

8 MB is enough for a SME with 10-20 users(!)

Is this server running AD, or are you connected to a Windows Server AD?

The screen above seems to be wrong, that shows LDAP or remote LDAP, not the local AD…

If you have Backups, or at least a configuration backup, AND are or were using AD on NethServer:

You can remove the “Account Provider” completly. (User Folders won’t be deleted!).
Restore the configuration backup from before the update.
That will reinstall the AD, with all settings as before.

This has helped me/my clients in the past…

My 2 cents
Andy

2 Likes

The screen above seems to be wrong, that shows LDAP or remote LDAP, not the local AD…
yes it was using active directory, winbind service also not running
windbindd --foreground --no-process-group $WINDBINDOPTIONS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

You should have these options available - all from the GUI:

then

Hope this helps.

Reboot afterwards!

Andy

Thanks for replying.

@Mary27

Hi

Does it work now?

Andy

the server was reinstalled last night by my co-worker, the previous version was 7.3, I guess jumped to 7.8 made the system not running as usual. Thanks again for the replies.

1 Like