Whitelist in Mail Server not working

tested with my solution , but the email:domain:tld takes the priority, tested with the @jfernandez solution, it is the good way

Go back on this with a night of sleep, your solution @jfernandez is not complete because when you ban domain.org, you do not ban sub.domain.org, and each subdomain must be explicitly named, this is not what I want.

My proposal is not so much harder to implement (check my PR), just count the number of dots, 1 -> domain, more -> subdomain. Then we just have to set the priority of the domain map.

1 Like

I haven’t tried that, so you are saying that if I put alinet.cu instead of confihar.alinet.cu and don’t explicitly put the second one, I won’t whitelist confihar.alinet.cu domain, :thinking:

Yes, it makes sense, I re-read the documentation for both filters:

email:domain 	  parse header value as email address and extract domain part from it (Somebody <user@example.com> -> example.com)

email:domain:tld  parse header value as email address and extract effective second level domain from it (Somebody <user@foo.example.com> -> example.com)

Your idea of using conditional-maps is good, I would give it a try and give feedback.

1 Like

Hi Juan, did you notice the feature is in testing?

Please give a feedback about it.

Meanwhile many kudos to @federico.ballarini for his validation!

3 Likes

There’s a new package in testing. We tried to fix the rules evaluation order, by running whitelist checks before the blacklist one.

Who wants to test it?

yun --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail\*
1 Like

There’s a typo

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail\*

I’m going to give it a try

1 Like

It gives me this output:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail\*
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * epel: ftp.cse.buffalo.edu
nethserver-testing/7/x86_64/signature                                                                                                                       |  836 B  00:00:00     
nethserver-testing/7/x86_64/signature                                                                                                                       | 2.9 kB  00:00:00 !!! 
nethserver-testing/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                                                                      | 5.0 kB  00:00:00     
No packages marked for update

Please run

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing clean all
yum --setopt=http_caching=none --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-mail\*

Here I have:

==========================================================================================================
 Package                        Arch        Version                         Repository               Size
==========================================================================================================
Updating:
 nethserver-mail-common         noarch      2.9.2-2.22.ge23a329.ns7         nethserver-testing      1.5 M
 nethserver-mail-filter         noarch      2.9.2-2.22.ge23a329.ns7         nethserver-testing       74 k
 nethserver-mail-server         noarch      2.9.2-2.22.ge23a329.ns7         nethserver-testing      115 k
 nethserver-mail-smarthost      noarch      2.9.2-2.22.ge23a329.ns7         nethserver-testing       42 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  4 Packages

Total download size: 1.7 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: 

Released in version 2.10.0

1 Like