What is the most awesome module/feature for NethServer, that does not yet exist?

Hey Sitz, I just have been exhausted, lots of family drama was over here the past week affecting the finish of this module. I am working with anyone who wants to work with me there is no issue there, I also have my own business to run and there is high activity going on with that as well. I am trying for tonight to get onto this project and finishing within 2-3 days where I can do a release of what is going on and looking for assistance. I need to be clear so there is no miscommunication of what was done so anyone on can follow. my notes are in shorthand right now, no one can understand them but me. I do eventually want to sit down with all the programmers and code this into the distro as it should be, so they need to come forth so I know who is on board.

Just wondering, don’t these businesses have training budgets, or is this the old issue about ‘tie-in’ contracts with their vendors / Microsoft?

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Pulp on NethServer?

nothing but lazy customers!!! They simply don’t want to study someting new…

I moved 8 posts to a new topic: Trying to install Piwingo on NethServer

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: DC compatible with Active Directory/GPO (Windows Server replacement)

I moved 4 posts to a new topic: Working on a Torrent module

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Interface to allow users to change their own password

I moved a post to a new topic: Change the port of pop(s) imap(s) services

I moved 5 posts to a new topic: Ulteo or another similar virtual desktop infrastructure

I agree that would be a very good contribution.

I would like to see a hardened version of nethserver with high security in mind. HDD encryption, cloud storage access to known vendors with content encryption before written to cloud storage. PKI server etc.

Disk encryption is a standard feature since first release:
http://docs.nethserver.org/en/latest/installation.html#encrypted-file-system

This is a good start. Would be nice to know what encryption is used like 256 AES? Other options would be nice too.

It could be awsome to be able to backup overs ssh

backuppc?

I do that.
I have hacked the backup-data script to use duplicity support for ssh/sftp.
The question is: where did I put my notes? :smile:
Have to connect to the server and have a look. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

so in that case may I suggess another awesome module/feature might help you too :stuck_out_tongue:
Laverna : https://laverna.cc/

I like laverna.
I found my notes but have to get the script.

duplicity collection-status --archive-dir /var/lib/nethserver/backup/duplicity sftp://root@SERVER:PORT//REMOTE_PATH

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Starting the development of a module