WebTop HTTP Status 500

I don’t see any error on the configuration part, could you please inspect a little bit more on other logs? (https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-webtop5#troubleshooting)

In the meanwhile @webtop_team, do you have any more suggestions?

Looks like settings have not been customized by Neth scripts, the stated home directory is our Sonicle default, different from the one in NethServer. The setting is “home.path”.
I feel something in the initialization went wrong and did not setup the custom settings.

In the initialization of NethServer or WebTop?
I am running in a VM, and am able to roll back to before WebTop installed, and try again, and everytime is the same thing. So whatever goes wrong in the WebTop install, happens every time, so must be dependant on something that went wrong in NethServer install/update.
I am able to re-install and WebTop works, so not sure if this is worth trying to find out what went wrong, but if it is, then I can debug if you wish, I have saved the state of the VM that will not run WebTop.

I would say the WebTop installation script.
Here @giacomo can be of better help.

I can’t see anything relevant from logs, since it’s a test machine I’d like to not spend much time on it.

If you have similar problem on a production machine, feel free to reply here :wink:

I just installed NethServer on a remote VPS on top of a vanilla CentOS 7 x64 install.
NethServer installed just fine. I can access servermanager and SSH into the server.

I added LDAP account provider.
After that, I created 1 user and installed webtop5 from Softwarecenter.

Now, when I try to access webtop web interface, I hit a tomcat error.

Any pointers to get webtop behave like it should?

In /var/log/webtop/webtop.log I see this:

[root@ns7-1 opt]# cat /var/log/webtop/webtop.log
2017-12-08 00:36:43 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - webtop.extJsDebug = false
2017-12-08 00:36:44 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - webtop.soExtDevMode = false
2017-12-08 00:36:44 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - webtop.devMode = true
2017-12-08 00:36:44 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - webtop.debugMode = false
2017-12-08 00:36:44 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - webtop.schedulerSisabled = false
2017-12-08 00:36:44 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - webtop.webappsConfigPath = null
2017-12-08 00:36:44 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - WTA initialization started [webtop]
2017-12-08 00:36:45 [INFO ] c.s.w.core.app.ConnectionManager - ConnectionManager initialized
2017-12-08 00:36:45 [INFO ] c.s.webtop.core.app.SettingsManager - SettingsManager initialized
2017-12-08 00:36:45 [INFO ] c.s.webtop.core.app.SessionManager - SessionManager initialized
2017-12-08 00:36:45 [INFO ] c.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp - Checking home structure…
2017-12-08 00:36:46 [ERROR] c.s.webtop.core.app.ContextLoader - Error initializing WTA [webtop]
> com.sonicle.webtop.core.sdk.WTRuntimeException: Configured home directory not found [/sonicle/sonicle/webtop5]
at com.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp.(WebTopApp.java:305)
at com.sonicle.webtop.core.app.WebTopApp.start(WebTopApp.java:177)
at com.sonicle.webtop.core.app.ContextLoader.initWebTopApp(ContextLoader.java:64)
at com.sonicle.webtop.core.app.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:47)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5634)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:899)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:875)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1260)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:2002)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:473)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1152)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:622)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Found another thread about your error:

I tried it on my VPS with similar config as yours, just more users, and couldn’t login with a user, only with admin.

“signal-event nethserver-webtop5-update” helped in my case.

Thanks for pointing to this similar discussion. I did “signal-event nethserver-webtop5-update” but no change…

@gabriele_bulfon Any other pointers?
/edit: reverted to earlier snapshot and installed from terminal (yum install nethserver-webtop5) but the same error is thrown.

BTW, this is on a VPS from Arubacloud. I don’t know exactly what kind of image they use for CentOS 7.4, but prior to installing NethServer, do a yum update so CentOS is at latest patch level.

link to /var/log/messages from timestamp of triggering webtop install: https://pastebin.com/7R3Fx2AZ

I am also getting this problem, I basically can’t get a new system up and running in VirtualBox.
I have tried a fresh install, and installed WebTop after all updates, and tried to install it before all updates, and tried to install it first, and tried to install it after NextCloud and Roundcube, nothing works. I get the HTTP Status 500 error every time.
“signal-event nethserver-webtop5-update” does not do anything.
Not sure if it has anything to do with the custom partitioning I use, don’t see why it would, but I did a fresh install using the suggested partitioning, and WebTop works. Then I tried a fresh install, but recreating my LVM partitions from scratch, and it works. So, working, don’t know if any of this helps.

I have now different behaviour on 2 different servers.

• On a VPS where a CentOS 7 image is installed, I updated to latest patchlevel. Then I installed NethServer and added webtop. There I have the problem with webtop throwing a HTTP Status 500 error.
  • On a VM on Proxmox using the NS7.4 ISO image + updates, I installed webtop and get a login screen and can access the webinterface just fine.

Any pointers where to look on the VPS are appreciated…,.

Did you try to remove database and webtop db user and then reinstall?

You may compare the core settings with a working installation:

With phppgadmin you may change these settings without having access to webtop web interface:

I assume the home.path is not set correctly.

Just some ideas…

I just noticed now, that I posted the same thread, sorry :grin:

Hi @robb ,
i tried to replicate this problem on different VMs without ever succeeding.

From the logs it appears that the initial INSERTs that customize webtop with the parameters suitable for Nethserver have not been executed.

You can try to manually execute this insert like this:

su - postgres
psql webtop5 < /usr/share/webtop/sql/data/init-data-nethserver.sql
signal-event nethserver-webtop5-update

If you solve the problem you should investigate why it is not performed during installation in these cases on these VPS.

Let me know…

When I connect through SSH to the server and I do those commands I get the following response:

-bash-4.2$ psql webtop5 < /usr/share/webtop/sql/data/init-data-nethserver.sql
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
UPDATE 1
ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “users_ak1”
DETAIL: Key (user_uid)=(uid) already exists.
ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “users_ak1”
DETAIL: Key (user_uid)=(uid) already exists.
ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “roles_permissions_ak1”
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, SERVICE, ACCESS, com.sonicle.webtop.calendar) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, SERVICE, ACCESS, com.sonicle.webtop.contacts) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, SERVICE, ACCESS, com.sonicle.webtop.mail) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, SERVICE, ACCESS, com.sonicle.webtop.tasks) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, SERVICE, ACCESS, com.sonicle.webtop.vfs) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, DEVICES_SYNC, ACCESS, *) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.core, USER_PROFILE_INFO, MANAGE, *) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (role_uid, service_id, key, action, instance)=(uid, com.sonicle.webtop.mail, MAILCARD_SETTINGS, CHANGE, *) already exists.
ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “settings_pkey”
DETAIL: Key (service_id, key)=(com.sonicle.webtop.calendar, default.calendar.sync) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (service_id, key)=(com.sonicle.webtop.contacts, default.category.sync) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (service_id, key)=(com.sonicle.webtop.tasks, default.category.sync) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (service_id, key)=(com.sonicle.webtop.core, login.systeminfo.hide) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (service_id, key)=(com.sonicle.webtop.core, login.webappname.hide) already exists.
DETAIL: Key (service_id, key)=(com.sonicle.webtop.core, addon.notifier.url) already exists.

And after a signal-event nethserver-webtop5-update I have a webtop login… WOAH… thnx!

Time to move my SOGo based mailserver to webtop5… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @robb or the feedback …

Since I can not replicate the problem, can I ask you to analyze on this your installation the reason that created the problem ? :blush:

Robb, I may have found a bug.

What filesystem do you use on this machine?

This is a VPS running on VMWare. I am not sure what default FS they use for their CentOS image. I have to check that.

Ok, let me know after you checked :slight_smile:

Using the mount command I get the following response:

[root@ns7-1 ~]# mount
/dev/mapper/vg-lv_root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mapper/vg-lv_root on /home type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)

df command gives:

[root@ns7-1 ~]# df -h -T
Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg-lv_root ext4 37G 2.5G 33G 7% /
devtmpfs devtmpfs 988M 0 988M 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 999M 0 999M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs tmpfs 999M 78M 921M 8% /run
tmpfs tmpfs 999M 0 999M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1 ext4 477M 165M 283M 37% /boot
tmpfs tmpfs 200M 0 200M 0% /run/user/0

Looks like ext4

1 Like

Just what I was suspecting.

This is of course the cause of the bug, a fix is on the way. Thank you!

I am curious… can you elaborate?