WebTop 5: new update release 5.7.3

Have you already tried this?

1 Like

I think you’re right:

The release has been retired since new bugs have been raised. More information will follow.

1 Like

Yes it has been pulled because we registered unexpected high load during search usage.
We are about to test an upstream fix.

In the meanwhile @Amygos or @lucag could you please add more info inside the issue?

Thanks for confirming that I’m not going crazy :slight_smile:

Good luck hunting those bugs …

Cheers,

Matt

@Amygos any news? I’m anxious! :rofl: :slight_smile:

Sadly no… It is a viscid bug and seem very hard find and replicate. :sob:

BTW we are working hard with @webtop_team for fix the problem, maybe we are closed to the solution but we want to be sure first, the last thing that we want is release a broken webtop update. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Notice @federico.ballarini @Matt1 and all that the new 5.7.3 has finally been published.

To update immediately or install this new release:

yum clean all && yum update \*webtop\* tomcat8 -y (to update)

yum clean all && yum install @nethserver-webtop5-groupware (to install)

For technical reasons the release of the “External mail account management” feature was postponed.

9 Likes

Very Good Job! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As I red that external imap-accounts are supported, I wanted give it a try.
But:
grafik

Tried it on 2 different VMs (proxmox). One with 7.6 and one with 7.7rc1, both clean installs from iso.
The 7.6 is joind to my NS-AD, the 7.7rc1 has its own local AD with only 1 user
Sogo works on both. :thinking:
Any requirements I’m missing?

EDIT: Seems it was only a matter of time. I was to impatient. Tried to login now and suddenly it works. Sorry for bothering you. :blush:

2 Likes

Strange. I updated but the login screen still report that I’m using v5.6 :thinking:

Additionally, I’d like to test the external IMAP account feature but it’s not working (not possible to add a new account).

I had the same experience until I found this statement.

About version 5.6:
grafik

but:
grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik

It seems that versioning isn’t that straight.

1 Like

The feature has been hidden because it’s still in beta and we encountered some issues.
If you want to test it, you need to:

1. Login into WebTop
  2. Open the browser console (F12 in Chrome)
  3. Execute the following: WT.enaExtAcc=true

This procedure is an internal and could break anytime soon :wink:

Versioning is hard, WebTop versioning is harder :crazy_face:

3 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @giacomo ! It works but unfortunately clicking on the save & close button does nothing :thinking: Did I miss something ?

Txs

I don’t know. I requested to have the option as a requirement for doing some tests before the release of the external accounts features, but I never tried it myself.
Let’s see if someone from the @webtop_team can shed some light on this. @lucag feel free to create a new topic on this.

1 Like

verify that you have added the necessary authorization to the group (or individual user) to create external accounts:

Unfortunately same here. :thinking:

And @lucag the auth is given in user

grafik
and group:
grafik

@lucag and @pagaille again a Firefox issue. With Opera I can save ext accounts, but now I can’t login with this user anymore. :thinking:
But I can still login with admin account. :slight_smile:
Can I remove the ext account from admin interface?

To make the external account settings appear you have to do these two operations each time (also from the admin panel):

• Open the browser console (F12 in Chrome)
  • Execute the following: WT.enaExtAcc=true

As already anticipated, this is a function that we have decided to hide for now and consequently it becomes a bit uncomfortable to use :wink:

Hi Luca, thanks for reply.
I did that, but after I defined an external imap-account, I couldn’t login anymore with that user.
But no Problem. I removed webtop, droped the database and reinstalled webtop. Now everything’s fine again.
Now I did a snapshot before I’m playing around with this feature. My bad I didn’t do it before. :smile:
I was aware that it’s in beta-state, so it’s only a test-vm.