(Thank @GG_jr) To update an existing installation, run:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update nethserver-webtop5 webtop5*

Reference:

4 Likes

Just a note:

Running this command on an already installed WebTop 5 from here:
Welcome, WebTop 5!
will be just an update.

I’m testing WebTop 5 on NS 7.3 (final), with “Local LDAP”.
The server is placed in DMZ.

At the moment I’ve 2 or 3 little things - any special place to put the informations?

1 Like

Why not starting here!

well, my calender looks not right!

all password-fields have the Button to switch to unhidden password . The eye is not shown completely

And I think a settings dialog needs a Save/Submit button - but that’s my opinion

Hi @maddin ,

I reproduced your layout but for me, it’s OK.
What WT 5 Theme do you use? Mine is Crisp/WebTop/WebTop.

Is your Mozilla up to date?

1 Like

1 Like

trying to get uploaded file back

2017-03-01 22:36:01 [WARN ] com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.VfsManager - Error getting store file org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not create folder “file:///var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/". at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:436) at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:419) at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:419) at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:419) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.sfs.StoreFileSystem.resolveRoot(StoreFileSystem.java:101) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.sfs.StoreFileSystem.getRootFileObject(StoreFileSystem.java:82) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.sfs.StoreFileSystem.getDescendantFileObject(StoreFileSystem.java:89) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.VfsManager.getTargetFileObject(VfsManager.java:1142) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.VfsManager.getStoreFile(VfsManager.java:578) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.PublicService.writeStoreFile(PublicService.java:314) at com.sonicle.webtop.vfs.PublicService.processDefaultAction(PublicService.java:180) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at com.sonicle.webtop.core.servlet.BaseServiceRequest.invokeMethod(BaseServiceRequest.java:109) at com.sonicle.webtop.core.servlet.PublicServiceRequest.processRequest(PublicServiceRequest.java:157) at com.sonicle.webtop.core.app.AbstractServlet.doGet(AbstractServlet.java:76) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:624) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:61) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.executeChain(AdviceFilter.java:108) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AdviceFilter.doFilterInternal(AdviceFilter.java:137) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.ProxiedFilterChain.doFilter(ProxiedFilterChain.java:66) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.executeChain(AbstractShiroFilter.java:449) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter$1.call(AbstractShiroFilter.java:365) at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.doCall(SubjectCallable.java:90) at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.SubjectCallable.call(SubjectCallable.java:83) at org.apache.shiro.subject.support.DelegatingSubject.execute(DelegatingSubject.java:383) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:362) at org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:956) at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:683) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:436) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1078) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:625) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:318) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not create directory "/var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/”. at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.local.LocalFile.doCreateFolder(LocalFile.java:158) at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:425) … 54 common frames omitted

and stop - oscar wants to go Gassi :smiley:

It’s about the password for “admin” and you’re right.

The new settings can be saved after you close “Settings”.

Feel free to report here :wink:

Maybe it’s about the language?
I remember that there were some issues with SOGo regarding the language.
Maybe is the same problem.
For now, WT 5 is only in English or Italian.
Can you set the OS language to English to see if the issue remains?

I’ve verified that the problem shows on Firefox, not on Chrome, and on the “change password” for admin.
We’ll check it to fix it :wink:

Gabriele

The “save/submit” on the setting dialog is a topic we’re discussing internally since its early implementation.
The original idea was to mimic mobile and/or modern browsers settings pages, where they no more show any “apply/save/submit” : anything you touch is intended to be set instantly, not after saving, while showing a “save/…” lets you think you can cancel any editing.

Maybe we’re thinking about a “close” button.
What’s your opinion?

1 Like

What did you try to do on the cloud service producing the error?
Looking at the stack trace, there’s something wrong in the cloud system directories.
Let me know what you exactly did.

Well, not easy to answer!

OK - our product(at my work) every properties-dialog has a lot of properties also with dependencies and for that it’s important to check what you’ve done - before saving! So for me is the question how easy is to remember what you have changed and how easy it is to turn back! And yesterday I clicked into the user field of Mail account - and lost the prepared “Use webtop user” - and I tried not to save my changes…

And - a lot of customers of us(at my work) make a lot of changes in a list(folder, register etc.) but at least, if they have the possibility to decide between saving all on the fly or to save or dismiss everything at once - the decide for all at once - because in doubt the want to have a reference point - the old status.

1 Like

-I uploaded a .jpg(518kb).
-Shared the link without expire and password!
-Tried the link - but the file is only 0kb and I think! the stacktrace is at opening the link.

at the evening - I’m at work!

1 Like

I will try to reproduce the bug and check if it’s a problem on the configuration side.
Thank you!