I
am installing a server with NethServer 6.8 but when connecting to the
Roundcube webmail there is an error that the site is not secure because
the certificate is self-signed.
Can I remove that error or how can I disable https in Roundcube
Thank you.

NethServer Version: 6.8
Module: Server certificate, Email

You can install the self-signed certificate as root certificate. This should solve the message.

I took the certificate from /etc/pki/tls/certs/NSRV.crt and import it in Firefox and it keeps telling me:
Your connection is not secure "You do not trust the certificate because it is self-signed."
Can somebody help me???

You should accept the cert from firefox, when it says it’s not trusted.

OK, that I must accept, I know. I want it is that I do not get that message, in Firefox I can create an exception, but in Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome can not and every time someone connects to the webmail comes the warning.
Would it be possible to disable https ???

You can workaround this problem by installing the certificate of the server as trusted CA.

No, you can’t disable it otherwise you would have an insecure installation.

If you want to use a valid certificate, please see Let’s Encrypt: The old Server Manager — NethServer 7 Final

2 Likes

I do not do something right, I download the certificate from /etc/pki/tls/certs/NSRV.crt, I import it in Internet Explorer I connect to the webmail and I get the error "There is a problem with the security certificate of this site Web "Click here to close this webpage. Or Go to this website (not recommended).
If I import it in Firefox when connecting to the webmail it says "You do not trust the certificate because it is self-signed."
I have to change something in the certificate ???

I think the CN has to be your FQDN

1 Like

I look in the certificate and The CN is equal my FQDN, localhostname.domain. I still get the error when I open the webpage.

Have you choosen where to import the certificate? If not you have to delete it in IE and import it to root certificates.

In Firefox I have the same problem.

HOw do I import it to root certificates? In the pop up I import it, it doesn´t let me choose a place, a folder.

If you import in IE there is one window where you can choose to aumatacally or to store the cerficate in the following store. You have to click on the search button and then you can choose to install the certificate into the certificate store “Trusted Root Certification Authorities”

OK, thank you, the certificate error is no longer displayed in Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome. In Firefox I can only create an exception, Firefox says it’s a self-signed certificate, can it be changed ???

I don’t think so, I’ve searched the internet, but I can only find the way you’ve choosen to add an exception.

1 Like