VLAN-Tagged PPPoE

New feature recorded
http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/3263

It will be re-scheduled after 6.7 final release, I think.

:+1:Thanks

Thatā€™s really cool! Thanks man, good shot! :+1:

Since the implementation into the web interface is quite hard and time consuming (and breaks actual UI design), what about leaving this function available only from command line?

See: http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/3263

I donā€™t see many users interested on this, or I am wrong? :smile:

What do you think @jitkian? Anyone else?

I donā€™t mind to have this feature available only in command line as long as there is proper documentation to guide user how to set it up for the time being. But in my opinion, this should be available in webgui in future version because pfSense does has this feature :smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I would to follow this issue and It seems the WebGUI PPPoE over Vlan has not yet been implemented in Nethserver 7.9.2009.

As the status to implement has been rejected and required to reopen back (Feature #3263: VLAN-Tagged PPPoE - NethServer 6 - NethServer.org)

Hi and welcome to NethServer Community,

the issue was reopened but closed in 2017:

Yeah, I can see that. It seems it will not be implemented neither ns6 nor ns7, plus ns8 is ongoing.

but it would be nice to have this feature. It is okay to make it as a plugin/add-on

it is possible to do that as a plugin/add-on?

Itā€™s not a common case, already working from command line and usually something that you configure just once so I think itā€™s not worth the effort.

NS8 has a different design, itā€™s not a gateway anymore, see NethServer 8, the new application hosting platform ā€“ NethServer

From what I see here in Italy, for FTTH connections instead, it is quite common.

That the connection is then stable is all telling.
With an FTTH provider, I had to replace the direct connection from the firewall with a router otherwise the connection would drop every 1.4 minutes.

1 Like

If youā€™re willing to share, Iā€™d like to know a bit moreā€¦

The provider is MyNet on Openfiber infrastructure.

As due diligence requiresā€¦

As reported hereā€¦

Is not ā€œquiteā€, but very common in Italy. One of biggest Italian ISP (TIM) is reporting V-Lan tagged PPPoE also for FTTC, and V-Lan tagging allows the share of the wholesale networks for ISPs like OpenFiber, TIM and FiberCop.

2 Likes