Users change password remotely?

I was trying to get the reset by email tokens to work with the OpenLDAP backend, and getting a message that the password was refused by the LDAP backend. But as I think about it, that makes sense–the config I’m using has the user resetting his own password, which would mean that user needs to be authenticated. If the user hasn’t entered his password, he isn’t authenticated. Bother.

I have working templates that will do the job for the direct password reset using OpenLDAP, so I think I’ll write that up and adjust as needed.

2 Likes

Hi @danb35 do you have any news about the web password changing application?

I’d like to add a user password changing form, publicly accessible from HTTPS. We currently use ldappasswd and kpasswd as client commands to change the user’s password, depending on the accounts provider type.

1 Like

It’s working for me:
https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=userguide:self-service-password

5 Likes

self service password is great. i wish there was a forgot password area of sorts.

If you’re using LDAP authentication (rather than AD), you can reset it by an email token.

is there content for this. how?

You mean documentation? Yes, there is, at the wiki link four posts up.

yes, seen it.
meant, how does the email token work?
i still see enter old password appearing.
so generally, not able to change password if don.t know old one

• Click “Email” on the top header
  • Enter your username
  • Click on the link that you get in your email–it’s only valid for 15 minutes. That will take you here:

Enter and confirm the new password, and you’re set.
1 Like

cool, had not seen the email tab.
was wondering where the changes are being implemented.
thanks.

I also noticed ssp is not listed under modules.

Do you mean in the software center? That’s to be expected; I’m hosting my modules myself rather than through Nethesis infrastructure.

not on the software center @danb35
under the modules page on the wiki

Got it. Fixed.

1 Like