Upgrade Unattended install?

NethServer Version: 7.9
Module: Unattended install

Freshly installed NethServer. Used Unattended option. DHCP server on the network segment, hardware with one network interface. Timezone UTC+2 (+1 as timezone, +1 for DST) but UTC as timezone for the installation (as stated by documentation)

Currenlty… only hardware console to access.

Tests done:

• yum update -y : fail, no mirrorlist.nethserver.org solving by the installation
  • access to cockpit: fail. Timeout
  • access to ssh port 22: fail. Again timeout

I solved using network-recovery. After that i were able to setup another ipaddress, which allowed me to access to cockpit but…

IMVHO at least cockpit should be avaliable as interface for finalize the installation. Even into unattended.

hi @pike,

Cannot reproduce in a vm on Proxmox;
Get an IP from (NS) dhcp server running on a other (vm-ware) hypervisor and can log in to cockpit and ssh.

(screenshot right after unattended-installation reboot)

Did you reboot once or twice?

The installation rebooted once by the (unattended) installer, did not need to reboot manually.

EDIT:
Did a “hard” reset of the VM, without any changes to the configuration other than change the root password in the shell, still have a dhcp IP.
Can log in cockpit /ssh

I’ll try to wipe the installation again and do some more test. My Scapegoat is making me mad trying to change the broken (going to) hard drive.

1 Like

It seems that the “published” IP on console did not matched with the effective IP provided by DHCP Server (a Zyxel Firewall).
Provided IP On console: 192.168.10.61. Actual IP 192.168.10.75.

Also… from console i tried to update via YUM.
Round 1: no way dude, mirrorllist do not allow connection. Solution: ask to ping mirrorlist.nethserver.org
Round 2: hey boy, new GPG keys: what’cha gonna do? Solution: accepted 3 times the new key (one for every repository?)

All these things were done before accessing to Cockpit interface, due to necessity to know the real IP address (i love ifconfig)

With a seriously faster (although similar) config unattended install worked flawlessly.
The ip address from DHCP server showed on the console was the correct one since time 0, then the access from Cockpit and SSH worked as intended.

IDK if the original config (much slower, same amount of ram) was culprit of causing the issue i encountered.