Try out Nethserver 7 beta1

in fact, it is NS7 Beta 1, but you can open another topic asking or informing the ruling.

take it easy, dont worry be happy :smile: friend

in NS7 terminal run this:

yum search ntop

verifies that this installed

A couple of cosmetic issues.

text not aligned properly when lines from other elements are missing (eg. gateway not set, then dns not aligned):

RAM and swap usage information are too close:

1 Like

I will try to reproduce.

It seems you are experiencing problems with name resolution.
Try to access the server with the FQDN.

Another reason to remove the gateway field :wink:

New install, using the beta3 CD. Once installed I try to install Sogo from the web interface.but it can not. Something that I need to clear cache first.
Then I go to the command line. The GPG key for sope49-gdl1-mysql has changed and therefore it can’t be installed:

[root@hub ~]# yum install sope49-gdl1-mysql
Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events
nethforge | 3.6 kB 00:00:00
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Dependencies Resolved

=========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size

Installing:
sope49-gdl1-mysql x86_64 4.9-20160305_1664.el7.1 nethforge 36 k

Transaction Summary

Install 1 Package

Total download size: 36 k
Installed size: 138 k
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
warning: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/nethforge/packages/sope49-gdl1-mysql-4.9-20160305_1664.el7.1.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 2bdaabff: NOKEY
Public key for sope49-gdl1-mysql-4.9-20160305_1664.el7.1.x86_64.rpm is not installed
sope49-gdl1-mysql-4.9-20160305_1664.el7.1.x86_64.rpm Try out Nethserver 7 beta1 | 36 kB 00:00:00

Public key for sope49-gdl1-mysql-4.9-20160305_1664.el7.1.x86_64.rpm is not installed

You can work around it if you disable GPG checking, but that is of course not the idea :slight_smile:

No matter how hard i try I just cant get the Nethserver 7 beta1 to connect to the internet… The tricks i use in 6.8 just don’t work

Call to Action for our Beta Testers group:
@dz00te @cronopio @tcpip @mabeleira @mikabeckerich @Marcin_Kozyra @servevirtland @jgjimenezs @fasttech @EddieA @syntaxerrormmm @Enzo @Artem Fedai @Luciano Vicentini @GG_jr @marceloeng @Mark @MartinsZB @Hunv @PaulM55 @Crazyusb @harrioh @MrE

2 Likes

At this moment I’m doing a clean install of Beta 1. I’ll verifying each fault reported

Regards

1 Like
  • NethServer Installation 7 Beta 1 without problems
  • Update from the software center without problems
  • OpenLDAP installation without problems
  • Installation of SAMBA DC, conflict with OpenLDAP
  • OpenLDAP uninstall without problems
  • Installation of SAMBA DC without problems
  • Create a user from “Users and Groups” leaves create a user, and indicates that already exists without creating it
  • Create a group from “Users and Groups” Create a group, but to make the process an error occurs, no information from the software center

Both OpenLDAP and uninstalling SAMBA DC, this occurs

[["Tf0a2af2d",[{"a":{"message":"Operation completed successfully","description":"The current page must be reloaded to update the navigation menu","buttonLabel":"Reload page","action":"\/en-US\/PackageManager"},"t":"yumSuccess"}]],["T00774e10",[{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-directory","name":"Account provider: OpenLDAP","description":"Configure users and groups on OpenLDAP","mpackages":["nethserver-directory"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-dc","name":"Account provider: Samba Active Directory","description":"Configure users and groups on Samba Active Directory","mpackages":["nethserver-dc"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-backup","name":"Backup","description":"Backup of configuration and data","mpackages":["nethserver-backup-data","nethserver-backup-config","nethserver-restore-data"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-bandwidth-monitor","name":"Bandwidth monitor","description":"Configure and manage Ntopng","mpackages":["nethserver-ntopng"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-firewall-base","name":"Basic firewall","description":"Configure network adapters and basic firewall","mpackages":["nethserver-firewall-base-ui"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-nl","name":"Dutch language","description":"Server Manager Dutch localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-nl"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-mail","name":"Email","description":"Email server and filter","mpackages":["nethserver-mail-server","nethserver-mail-filter"],"opackages_datasource":[["nethserver-roundcubemail","nethserver-roundcubemail"]]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-fax-server","name":"Fax server","description":"Configure HylaFax+ and manage IAX modems","mpackages":["nethserver-iaxmodem","nethserver-hylafax"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-file-server","name":"File server","description":"Daemons and tools for network file sharing","mpackages":["nethserver-samba"],"opackages_datasource":[["nethserver-samba-audit","nethserver-samba-audit"]]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-fr","name":"French language","description":"Server Manager French localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-fr"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-ftp","name":"FTP server","description":"Configure the FTP server (vsftpd)","mpackages":["nethserver-vsftpd"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-de","name":"German language","description":"Server Manager German localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-de"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-el","name":"Greek language","description":"Server Manager Greek localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-el"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-hu","name":"Hungarian language","description":"Server Manager Hungarian localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-hu"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-messaging","name":"Instant messaging","description":"XMPP\/Jabber chat server","mpackages":["nethserver-ejabberd"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-ips","name":"Intrusion Prevention System","description":"Monitor and block network traffic for malicious activity","mpackages":["nethserver-snort"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-ipsec-tunnels","name":"IPsec tunnels","description":"Site-to-site Virtual Private Networks (VPN) using IPsec","mpackages":["nethserver-ipsec-tunnels"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-it","name":"Italian language","description":"Server Manager Italian localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-it"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-mysql","name":"MariaDB (MySQL) server","description":"Configuration tools for MariaDB (MySQL)","mpackages":["nethserver-mysql"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-openvpn","name":"OpenVPN","description":"Configure remote-access and site-to-site Virtual Private Networks (VPN) using OpenVPN","mpackages":["nethserver-openvpn"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-p3scan","name":"POP3 proxy","description":"Intercept POP3 connections and scan messages for virtus and spam","mpackages":["nethserver-p3scan","nethserver-mail-filter"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-pt","name":"Portuguese language","description":"Server Manager Portuguese localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-pt"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-printers","name":"Print server","description":"Print management server (CUPS)","mpackages":["nethserver-avahi","nethserver-cups"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-roundcubemail","name":"Roundcube web mail","description":"Roundcube web mail","mpackages":["nethserver-roundcubemail"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-ru","name":"Russian language","description":"Server Manager Russian localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-ru"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-sr","name":"Serbian language","description":"Server Manager Serbian localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-sr"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-smtp-proxy","name":"SMTP proxy","description":"SMTP proxy","mpackages":["nethserver-mail-filter","nethserver-firewall-base-ui"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-net-snmp","name":"SNMP server","description":"Configure the SNMP server","mpackages":["nethserver-net-snmp"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-sogo","name":"SOGo groupware","description":"SOGo server and Thundebird extensions","mpackages":["nethserver-sogo"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-es","name":"Spanish language","description":"Server Manager Spanish localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-es"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-statistics","name":"Statistics","description":"Collect and analyse system statistics","mpackages":["nethserver-collectd","nethserver-cgp"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-l10n-tr","name":"Turkish language","description":"Server Manager Turkish localization","mpackages":["nethserver-lang-tr"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-nut","name":"UPS support","description":"UPS management and monitoring configuration","mpackages":["nethserver-nut"],"opackages_datasource":[["nethserver-collectd","nethserver-collectd"],["collectd-nut","collectd-nut"]]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-webvirtmgr","name":"Virtual machines manager","description":"Web interface for KVM virtual machines","mpackages":["nethserver-webvirtmgr"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-web-filter","name":"Web filter","description":"Squid web content and virus filter","mpackages":["nethserver-lightsquid","nethserver-squid","nethserver-squidclamav","nethserver-squidguard"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-web-proxy","name":"Web proxy","description":"Squid web caching proxy configuration","mpackages":["nethserver-lightsquid","nethserver-httpd","nethserver-squid"],"opackages_datasource":[]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-web","name":"Web server","description":"Configuration tools for Apache web server","mpackages":["nethserver-httpd","nethserver-virtualhosts"],"opackages_datasource":[["php-mbstring","php-mbstring"],["php-pecl-memcached","php-pecl-memcached"],["php-ldap","php-ldap"],["php-imap","php-imap"],["php-mcrypt","php-mcrypt"],["php-mysql","php-mysql"],["php-pecl-redis","php-pecl-redis"],["php-pecl-apcu","php-pecl-apcu"],["php-gd","php-gd"],["php-smbclient","php-smbclient"]]},{"opackages_selected":[],"id":"nethserver-webtop-groupware","name":"WebTop groupware","description":"WebTop groupware","mpackages":["nethserver-webtop4"],"opackages_datasource":[]}]],["Tbe75182f",[{"id":"everything","name":"Everything","description":"Show groups from any category","display_order":0,"groups":["nethserver-directory","nethserver-dc","nethserver-backup","nethserver-bandwidth-monitor","nethserver-firewall-base","nethserver-l10n-nl","nethserver-mail","nethserver-ftp","nethserver-fax-server","nethserver-file-server","nethserver-l10n-fr","nethserver-l10n-de","nethserver-l10n-el","nethserver-l10n-hu","nethserver-ipsec-tunnels","nethserver-messaging","nethserver-ips","nethserver-l10n-it","nethserver-mysql","nethserver-openvpn","nethserver-p3scan","nethserver-l10n-pt","nethserver-printers","nethserver-roundcubemail","nethserver-l10n-ru","nethserver-smtp-proxy","nethserver-net-snmp","nethserver-sogo","nethserver-l10n-sr","nethserver-l10n-es","nethserver-statistics","nethserver-l10n-tr","nethserver-nut","nethserver-webvirtmgr","nethserver-web-filter","nethserver-web-proxy","nethserver-web","nethserver-webtop-groupware"],"selected":true},{"description":"Infrastructure and groupware services","display_order":1,"id":"base","groups":["nethserver-web","nethserver-messaging","nethserver-monitoring","nethserver-webtop-groupware","nethserver-mail","nethserver-printers","nethserver-iso","nethserver-roundcubemail","nethserver-ntp","nethserver-wireless-tools","nethserver-dc","buildsys-build","nethserver-file-server","nethserver-backup","nethserver-dns-dhcp","nethserver-net-snmp","nethserver-statistics","nethserver-directory","nethserver-nut","nethserver-fax-server","nethserver-mysql","centos-minimal"],"name":"Base system"},{"description":"NethForge modules from Community","display_order":1,"id":"nethforge","groups":["nethserver-sogo","nethserver-webvirtmgr"],"name":"NethForge"},{"description":"UTM Firewall","display_order":3,"id":"firewall","groups":["nethserver-web-filter","nethserver-web-proxy","nethserver-openvpn","nethserver-p3scan","nethserver-bandwidth-monitor","nethserver-smtp-proxy","nethserver-firewall-base","nethserver-ipsec-tunnels","nethserver-ips"],"name":"Firewall"},{"description":"Localization of the Server Manager web interface","display_order":4,"id":"server-manager-languages","groups":["nethserver-l10n-fr","nethserver-l10n-nl","nethserver-l10n-es","nethserver-l10n-hu","nethserver-l10n-it","nethserver-l10n-ru","nethserver-l10n-pt","nethserver-l10n-el","nethserver-l10n-tr","nethserver-l10n-sr","nethserver-l10n-de"],"name":"Languages"}]],["Tca17f75a",[]],["T1b660d6d",[{"description":"Infrastructure and groupware services","display_order":1,"id":"base","groups":["nethserver-web","nethserver-messaging","nethserver-monitoring","nethserver-webtop-groupware","nethserver-mail","nethserver-printers","nethserver-iso","nethserver-roundcubemail","nethserver-ntp","nethserver-wireless-tools","nethserver-dc","buildsys-build","nethserver-file-server","nethserver-backup","nethserver-dns-dhcp","nethserver-net-snmp","nethserver-statistics","nethserver-directory","nethserver-nut","nethserver-fax-server","nethserver-mysql","centos-minimal"],"name":"Base system"},{"description":"NethForge modules from Community","display_order":1,"id":"nethforge","groups":["nethserver-sogo","nethserver-webvirtmgr"],"name":"NethForge"},{"description":"UTM Firewall","display_order":3,"id":"firewall","groups":["nethserver-web-filter","nethserver-web-proxy","nethserver-openvpn","nethserver-p3scan","nethserver-bandwidth-monitor","nethserver-smtp-proxy","nethserver-firewall-base","nethserver-ipsec-tunnels","nethserver-ips"],"name":"Firewall"},{"description":"Localization of the Server Manager web interface","display_order":4,"id":"server-manager-languages","groups":["nethserver-l10n-fr","nethserver-l10n-nl","nethserver-l10n-es","nethserver-l10n-hu","nethserver-l10n-it","nethserver-l10n-ru","nethserver-l10n-pt","nethserver-l10n-el","nethserver-l10n-tr","nethserver-l10n-sr","nethserver-l10n-de"],"name":"Languages"}]],["T2aca61a4",[]],["T9d21b08e",0],["Tb60bee30","Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror, nethserver_events\nLoading mirror speeds from cached hostfile\n * base: mirror.us.leaseweb.net\n * epel: epel.gtdinternet.com\n * extras: mirror.us.leaseweb.net\n * nethforge: mirror.nethserver.org\n * nethserver-base: mirror.nethserver.org\n * nethserver-updates: mirror.nethserver.org\n * updates: mirror.us.leaseweb.net\nchangelog stats. 0 pkgs, 0 source pkgs, 0 changelogs\n"],["T17bcdcb4",[]],["__COMMANDS__",{"0":{"R":"PackageManager_Modules","M":"show","A":[]},"1":{"R":"PackageManager_Modules_Available","M":"setMandatoryFields","A":[{"PackageManager_Modules_Available_groups":false}]},"2":{"R":"PackageManager_Modules_Installed","M":"setMandatoryFields","A":[{"PackageManager_Modules_Installed_groups":false}]}}],["__STATE__","6a11cec91edd10a0ce180e8af4618143"]]
[2] stream_select(): unable to select [4]: Interrupted system call (max_fd=17)
See the system log for details.
  • SAMBA DC uninstalling and then installing OpenLDAP, I can create a user with an error no information and I can create a group and assign the user created

2 Likes

Update from alpha 3 to beta 1 with softwarecenter without problems.

Can’t create a user. Same issue as @jgjimenezs when create a user without password.
Create a user with password lead to failure:

create group leads to the same failure as above.

2 Likes

I guess the uninstall cannot work with nethserver-dc and nethserver-directory. The two packages are mutually exclusive, and the nethserver-sssd is designed to allow a one-way installation of one of the two only, without way back.

@giacomo, @Stll0 do you think we can write an action for nethserver-sssd-update event that performs a reset of the sssd record in Configuration DB if neither nethserver-dc, nor nethserver-directory are installed?

This is an old friend of mine :blush: I’m seeking the origin of it, but it’s very hard… The good news are it is harmless, as it comes out during the background task tracking.

Reload the page and you can go.

1 Like

This is not supported, but in the past I documented this procedure for the command-line

http://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=developer:nethserver_7_needs_testing#reset_the_dc

2 Likes

FQDN didn’t help.
IE screenshot

localhost doesn’t work too
screenshot

Hi Hi

tried again, Started from scratch reinstalled beta 1. First installed the OpenLDAP provider, created a user en then install SoGo:

If i change the /etc/yum.repos.d/NethForge.repo and add gpgcheck=0 it installs. however if i login with the user I can not press the send button nor the save button.

Little other thing although the server has a name the tab in the browser is called: Example Org

Lets see what else I can find :grinning:

Organization > Contacts

Thanks fasttech that was it!

Ok i got my networking nightmare over after reinstalling again…

Here is what i did to solve the issue.
nano /etc/rc.local
I put these lines in my rc.local it seems to force the public ip so its accessible to the internet…
ifconfig en016777728 myip netmask 255.255.255.255
route add 192.99.13.254 dev eno16777728
route add default gw 192.99.13.254 dev eno16777728

To get to the place where its on the internet just run those commands above but put in your proper gateway and ip address along with netmask…

That at least at this moment solved my issues…

2 Likes

Ok the domain system does not work correctly along with some issues when you create a group with a Capital letter first… Example Administrator or Administration…

You need to design it similar to the old system where you can check mark the different domains that you wish the user to be apart of still plaing with it in hopes i find some thing useful…

domains or groups? I think ns7 is only going to support one domain.

oh then i can’t use i guess… I have 7 domains to play with… Whats the point of having a virtual host when it can only host one domain…
I imagine i could force it to use other domains via command line…

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the DC when you were talking about users and groups.