Try out NethServer 7 alpha2 ISO!

Configuration backup

Configure a new system with additional modules and execute the configuration backup. Try to restore the backup into another system.

Installed Backup, ownCloud and Email, setup backup pointing to a cifs client, setup user, setup oC client, verified sync, wiped, reinstalled NS7a2, followed the doc
http://docs.nethserver.org/en/latest/backup.html#disaster-recovery
initiated Restore Backup from gui Backup (configuration), received error as follows;

2016-02-12 17:29:58 - START - Restore config started
2016-02-12 17:30:04 - STEP - pre-restore-config done
2016-02-12 17:30:04 - STEP - restore-config-execute done
2016-02-12 17:35:41 - ERROR - Event post-restore-config failed - 256

Note; the config backup appears successful, from a clean install, all the previous settings were returned, even the backup email notification settings I left default when I setup backup data for the restoration source, once the oC desktop client was restarted, after entering the original user password it resynced fine.

1 Like

The Date and Time in the gui is local but the time for the Last update of clam is utc.

1 Like

Hi Sogo 3.0 not in alpha only 2.3.6

I love NethServer 7 alpha!!! Happy Valentines Day

1 Like

@giacomo, do you think we can push SOGo3 into ns7 updates repository?

Have you noticed the Dashboard is already linked to the NethServer logo?

I’ve noticed it too. Probably an unit does not shut down correctly. Will be investigated.

I agree, we should fix our kickstart files, (same on unattended):

What do you think @giacomo?

As far as I know, the nameserver option in the kickstart will write the DNS address inside system configuration files.
These files are than used for NameServers property under the dns key.

Changing this behavior it’s not straightforward :frowning:

Yes, I will do later today or tomorrow.
In the meanwhile, @Mepata you can use testing repository:

yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing update

Please, can you post the relevant part of /var/log/messages?

The link on the application page should be based on the same address (or hostname) you use for accessing the server-manager. If not, it should be considered a bug.
Reading the code, ownCloude should be already fine: nethserver-owncloud/root/usr/share/nethesis/NethServer/Module/Dashboard/Applications/ownCloud.php at master · NethServer/nethserver-owncloud · GitHub

Yes, it ends up into resolv.conf. The nethserver-base-initialize-db action reads it and fills dns/NameServers prop.

8.8.8.8 seems not to be a safe default. If we remove --nameserver from kickstart I bet we’ll have DNS from DHCP or will not receive it at all. And it should be good on both cases.

If we have no DNS, dnsmasq will not start.

Updated nethserver-sogo for SOGo 3 (fixed memory limit), also SOGo 3 is now the default for NS 7.

Packages will be soon on all mirrors (/cc @Mepata).

1 Like

Dnsmasq… gosh! Luckily, we always have a DNS as last resort:

https://github.com/NethServer/nethserver-base/blob/v7/root/etc/e-smith/db/configuration/defaults/dns/NameServers

If we avoid to set DNS on kickstart the following cases are allowed:

• DNS set by admin on interactive installer
  • DNS set by initialized from DHCP
  • DNS retained at DB default value (google)

What is the DNS and DHCP group in the Software Center for. It appears that these are now part of the Base install.

Cheers.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I did indeed look for more at the time but I guess the logging level isn’t high enough, what I posted is from …/messages.

I’m just going to point out, pointlessly, that oC complains about php 5.4, which is already eol, like 5.3… I’m guessing centos will never keep up with php.

FUJITSU RX200 S8

OPTIONS: Default factory BIOS, 48 GB DDR3 ECC, 4 x 1 TB SATA Seagate Constellation.2 in RAID1+0 (LSI mode).
BOOT: DVD-R, not UEFI mode.

TRY 1 Defaults

1. Installer has no LSI RAID drivers for this server. Installation can not be done because Device Selection section has no available drives.

NOTES:

1. Everywhere word “CentOS 7” in boot welcome message, installer caption, etc.
  2. This is RHEL certified server. There are drivers at Fujitsu website last 3 versions of RHEL.

RESULT: Fail.

TRY 2 Installation with prepared LSI megaRAID driver disk, version 16.01.2014.0318.4fts-7-003

NOTES: 1. Everywhere word “CentOS 7” in boot welcome message, installer caption, etc.

RESULT: Nethserver installation complete well.

Software center section has huge load time (checking updates?). I think it will be better to redesign it into horizontal percentage progress bar same as “Task is running”, but not modal, background always better then modal. All other things are great.

Step 1: Change one ethernet interface, then reboot the system. The network configuration should be automatically fixed.

a) Interface eno2 IP address was changed to 192.168.1.120, applied and the server was rebooted. After reboot eno2 has 192.168.1.120.
b) Interface eno2 has been released. Reboot. Interface eno2 stay released.
c) Interface eno1 has been released. Reboot. Server has no enabled interfaces after reboot.

When I am installing several components at once the web interface gone. No activity, not possibility to reload it. It just stacked on for exmaple backup components installation. As in Neth’s-like system Zentyal and all systems that has web interface - long time operations are dangerous. After reboot (SSH access) Neth is back. Components seems installed well.

Versionism?

Hey before I start learning nethserver 7 does it come with samba 3 or 4? My goal would be to use it as a sbs solution replacing server 2003.

I was set on playing with centos but since ns7 came out it seems that it could be better for my needs.

ns7 should ship samba4 with DC functionality. The work on this has just been started.

Upstream samba4 packages are already included in alpha2 but no DC support.