Try out NethServer 7 alpha 3!

Works oke :slight_smile:;

EDIT: my bad, no dependencies reintroduced.
It reintroduces the Cracklib dep :hushed:
(as said before itā€™s not a big deal)

It is a big deal, it should not reintroduce anything.
I will do a new clean installation, but in the meanwhile, can you please post the output of this command?

rpm -e --test perl-Crypt-Cracklib-1.7-1.ns7.x86_64

EDIT WAIT, wrong machine
Right machine:

I    nstalled Packages
    nethserver-lib.noarch                           2.1.5-1.18.gda59209.ns7                           @nethserver-updates
    [root@neth7a3 ~]# rpm -e --test perl-Crypt-Cracklib-1.7-1.ns7.x86_64
    error: Failed dependencies:
            perl-Crypt-Cracklib is needed by (installed) nethserver-directory-2.3.0-1.71.gc8592dd.ns7.noarch

dependency is solved in nethserver-directory-2.3.0-1.72

Sorry, my bad :hushed: nothing is reintroducedā€¦

On armv7:

rpm -e --test perl-Crypt-Cracklib-1.7-5.ns7.armv7hl.rpm
error: package perl-Crypt-Cracklib-1.7-5.ns7.armv7hl.rpm is not installed

1 Like

Hi,
I have install Nethserver 7 a3 and I have noticeds two, unrelated, issues :

1. with OpenVPN, installed through Software Center and configured as RoadWarrior + routed config :
    I canā€™t use system users, they wonā€™t appear in the dropdwon list.
    If I create a ā€œvpn onlyā€ user, the conf file generated is empty (even though the service is active and configured).
    As a result I am unable to connect clients to the server.

2. with mail server :
    I have create a group successfully, with 2 users in it. When I want to create a shared email address, related to that group, the creation process seems to ā€œdo somethingā€ and then, no shared addresses appear in the UI panel.

Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, beside that this is a great release, everything else I have tried (including Virtmanager) work great !

Thank you.

2 Likes

@Stll0 can you please investigate it?

You must create the related alias. @davidep, can you please describe the process (I donā€™t have an installation to check right now).

1 Like

Hi,
About OpenVPN :

I have tried to set things in different ways :

1st way, I :

• create the user first
  • activate roadwarrior mode (checkbox)
  • set it (I have used custom settings and settings from the example given in Help)
  • confirm the settings

When i went back to ā€œuserā€ tab, I have download the conf file which size was 0 bit. Trying to open it confirmed that it was empty.

2nd way, I :

• activate roadwarrior mode (checkbox)
  • set it (I have used custom settings and settings from the example given in Help)
  • confirm the settings
  • then create the user

File was empty as well.

It both cases, openvpn ā€œhost-to-netā€ service was, of course, started.

About shared mailboxes :

• I set up my regular users (2 of them).
  • I create a group (called for ex. ā€œgroup01ā€ to which they both belong.
  • I create an alias that redirects to the 2 regular email addresses. This alias address has the same name as the group, ex: group01@domain.tld
  • I set a shared mailbox (name, ex : ā€œGroup_01ā€) that belongs to ā€œgroup01@domain.tldā€.

After submitting it, the shared maibox is not listing in the UIā€¦ but ! I have noticed since my previous post that it appears in mail client (roundcube or thunderbird).
The thing is that I canā€™t manage them (edit or delete) in mail client.

Am I missing something ?

3 Likes

Youā€™re right, Iā€™m able to reproduce the error. OpenVpn still needs some fixes.

1 Like

This should be fixed by

http://packages.nethesis.it/nethserver/7.2.1511/testing/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-mail-server-1.9.1-1.95.g217a1f2.ns7.noarch.rpm