Train rspam from shared mailbox

NethServer Version: 7.6.1810
Module: rspam
Hello,
I have a user with a shared mailbox and spam folder, e.g. SharedUser

The SharedUser is a catchall account that my wife and I share. We access the SharedUser\inbox folder through WebTop with our normal login ID’s.

When I access the SharedUser folder through my normal login (via webtop) and move a message from SharedUser\Inbox to SharedUser\spam the rspam learned counter does not increase.

If I login directly to the SharedUser account (via webtop) and move an email from Inbox to spam, the rspam learned counter does increase.

It appears as though you can’t train rspam with messages from a shared mailbox unless you are logged in as the user with the shared mailbox.

How do I train rspam with emails that are in a shared mailbox?

Many thanks
bob

Did you try to move the message to your Junk folder instead? Does it trigger the learning process correctly?

I think that the dovecot configuration cannot trigger the spam learning with shared folders…

Hello davidep,
When I login as me (username = Dad) and access the shared mailbox, moving a message from SharedUser\inbox to Dad\spam did not trigger the learning process.
When I login as me (username = Dad) and access the shared mailbox, moving a message from SharedUser\inbox to SharedUser\spam did not trigger the learning process.
If I login as SharedUser and move a message from SharedUser\inbox to SharedUser\spam the spam learning process is triggered.
It appears as though the only way to train rspam is by logged in as the user of the mailbox.
It appears as though spam training does not work with shared folders.
Regards
bob

1 Like

I think that’s a corner case! If you want to dig it more, please refer to

Maybe the “COPY” “causes” does not apply in your case. You could try this hack:

sed  -i 's/= COPY/= APPEND/' /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
systemctl restart dovecot

See if the spam learning works. Then revert the hack with

signal-event nethserver-mail-server-save

Let me know how it goes :wink:

Hello Davidep, that didn’t change the behaviour.
Regards
Bob