Tips on how I can upgrade libreoffice?

Hello @support_team ,

A couple of years back I installed libreoffice on my Nethserver to assist me with being able to convert docx or xlsx files into PDF using a Nextcloud workflow.

I’m thinking it might be a good idea to occasionally upgrade my libreoffice. When I installed libreoffice I issued the following:

yum install libreoffice

Can support suggest what command I would use to upgrade my libreoffice on my Nethserver?

Also, I plan on testing the new Nextcloud Office and move away from OnlyOffice on my Nextcloud. Will having libreoffice on my Nethserver collide with using Nextcloud Office or Collabora?

Thank you.

How? :wink:

Anyway: did you followed this app?

More info here

Hello @pike ,

Yes I’m using the workflow to convert documents to PDF.

But my question was around how to upgrade libreoffice since I installed it over 2 years ago.

I can see instructions on upgrading libreoffice on CentOS 8. But since Nethserver is based on CentOS 7 I’m wondering how I could upgrade libreoffice on the current Nethserver. Do I need to remove libreoffice and install it again or is there a yum upgrade command I can use?

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

The one on CentOS 7 repo has not been updated since late 2019 (Libreoffice 5.3.6.1-24)

You can try following this guide:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Install/Linux#Installation_of_LibreOffice_on_GNU.2FLinux_systems

It would be something like this:

yum remove libreoffice*

wget https://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.documentfoundation.org/tdf/libreoffice/stable/7.3.3/rpm/x86_64/LibreOffice_7.3.3_Linux_x86-64_rpm.tar.gz
tar zxvf LibreOffice_7.3.3_Linux_x86-64_rpm.tar.gz
cd LibreOffice_7.3.3.2_Linux_x86-64_rpm/RPMS/
yum install *.rpm

same process with language packs if needed.
afterwards you can remove downloaded/extracted files (take care when using rm command)

2 Likes

Certainly nice tips to start with. I used to work with LibreOffice long ago for my a paper writing help. But had no idea about the possibility of the connection with Nextcloud. But the GitHub guide has been somewhat helpful.