There is a problem with Nextcloud, not possible to update/upgrade/reinstall

That is a useless problem report, and you’ve been around long enough to know better. What, exactly, is happening? What, exactly, is the output of the command that you’ve (for some reason) posted twice?

1 Like

The documentation is outdated as regards the deletion of the Nextcloud DB.

1 Like

NethServer 7.7 (ejabberd/mattermost/nextcloud/sogo installed) -> 7.8 -> 7.9 (Nextcloud problem)

Complete log: https://gist.github.com/Neustradamus/165d25ca1d86278d182f80831b79d81b

I’m out. When you can post a coherent question with an actual description of your problem, maybe I’ll check back.

@danb35: @mrmarkuz has requested me a full log with the Nextcloud problem, I have done an installation of NS 7.7 + ejabberd+mattermost+nextcloud+sogo + update + upgrade to 7.8 + upgrade to 7.9 and there is the problem with Nextcloud.

Did you try to reinstall Nextcloud as explained in this post?

Please also share the output of these commands to maybe see if there were problems with DB migration:

Originally I wrote:

I checked your messages log but couldn’t find any relevant error.

Usually you should install the most recent version and update regularly.

Nobody asked you to post a 15000-line log file, covering a period of over an hour. I didn’t, Andy didn’t, and Markus didn’t. What all three of us have asked, and you continue to refuse to provide, are:

Now, if you put zero thought into the question, you might have concluded that Andy was asking for the complete log. But if you thought about it for even a second, it would have been obvious that he’d be asking for relevant portions of the logs. Which parts are relevant? I’m betting you already know, but on the off chance you don’t, a simple time filter would be better than nothing–start at the time you ran the installation command, and finish when you got the error.

But the bottom line is, we aren’t going to put more effort or attention into solving your problem, than you are into describing it. You’ve been around here long enough to have a pretty good idea of how to ask a question that’s likely to get an answer, but in case you’ve somehow missed it, this page provides lots of valuable information:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

In particular, note this portion:

Despite this, hackers have a reputation for meeting simple questions with what looks like hostility or arrogance. It sometimes looks like we’re reflexively rude to newbies and the ignorant. But this isn’t really true.

What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions. People like that are time sinks — they take without giving back, and they waste time we could have spent on another question more interesting and another person more worthy of an answer.
(emphasis added)

4 Likes

Have you looked the problem for the update?
The problem is when we update the NS to 7.9.
It is possible to solve it?
The goal is to have a good migration from 7.8 to 7.9…
People do not want to launch several lines of code…

With your “Edit 2”:

FAILED with the main server.

Can you look the other gist too, to solve the original bug?

@mrmarkuz and all others: Have you looked logs from install and other from reinstall?

So you are updating form Nethserver 7.8 ??? , quite late to the party…
How did you manage that? The crazy version-lock does not exist anymore to my knowledge.

What happens when you browse to https://<YOURNETHSERVER>/nextcloud ? Do you get an error?

I already answered in a previous post:

In your reinstall log you can find that the Nextcloud configuration failed:

Event: nethserver-nextcloud-update FAILED

rpm -qa | grep nextcloud

mysqlshow 

/opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysqlshow --socket="/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock"

@mrmarkuz: On a 7.9… a new time

[root@server ~]# rpm -qa | grep nextcloud
nethserver-nextcloud-1.17.1-1.ns7.noarch

[root@server ~]# mysqlshow
+--------------------+
|     Databases      |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| roundcubemail      |
| sogo               |
+--------------------+

[root@server ~]# /opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysqlshow --socket="/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock"
+--------------------+
|     Databases      |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| mysql              |
| nextcloud          |
| performance_schema |
+--------------------+

[root@server ~]# yum remove nethserver-nextcloud nextcloud
OK...

[root@server ~]# /opt/rh/rh-mariadb105/root/bin/mysql --socket="/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock" -e "drop database nextcloud;"
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/rh-mariadb105-mariadb/nextcloud-mysql.sock' (2)

[root@server ~]# rm -rf /usr/share/nextcloud/

[root@server ~]# config delete nextcloud

[root@server ~]# rm -rf /var/lib/nethserver/nextcloud

After in cockpit to install Nextcloud again:

Note that you have full log about migration of NS 7.7 -> 7.8 -> 7.9 with the problem too.

of course, all log are here:
1/ NS 7.7 -> 7.8 -> 7.9
2/ From “full” reinstall of Nextcloud
3/ A second time the “full” reinstall of Nextcloud

Please answer:

All those messages like Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available followed by Command "xxxxxxx:yyyy" is not defined. or by There are no commands defined in the "xxxxxx" namespace can happen when the config.php is inaccessible, malformed or non-existent (but there could be other reasons too).

Those messages are generated after running occ commands during installation/update.

excerpt from log
Jul 21 19:25:32 server esmith::event[23967]: Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
Jul 21 19:25:33 server esmith::event[23967]: Command "maintenance:mode" is not defined.
Jul 21 19:25:33 server esmith::event[23967]: Do you want to run "maintenance:install" instead?  (yes/no) [no]:
Jul 21 19:25:38 server esmith::event[23967]: > Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
Jul 21 19:25:38 server esmith::event[23967]:  Command "upgrade" is not defined.

Jul 21 19:26:25 server esmith::event[23967]:  There are no commands defined in the "db" namespace.
Jul 21 19:26:26 server esmith::event[23967]: Action: /etc/e-smith/events/nethserver-nextcloud-update/S20nethserver-nextcloud-conf FAILED: 1 [114.465153]

Jul 21 19:26:29 server esmith::event[23967]: Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
Jul 21 19:26:29 server esmith::event[23967]:  There are no commands defined in the "config:system" namespace.

Jul 21 19:26:34 server esmith::event[23967]: Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
Jul 21 19:26:34 server esmith::event[23967]:  There are no commands defined in the "background" namespace.
1 Like

After the full reinstall of Nextcloud on a NS 7.9:

But the main problem has been after the upgrade from 7.8 -> 7.9:

Moderator edit:
After full reinstall:

“Main problem” 1:

“Main problem” 2:

If you’re going to use images, please include them directly in your post rather than relying on external image hosting sites. See edits above.

1 Like

As regards the “Main Problem”:

Did you try to click the “Start update” button? If it does not work, just use command line:

occ upgrade

See the wiki for more details.

I think the “Reinstall” issue comes from the removal of the /usr/share/nextcloud dir that seems to leave an empty config.php after reinstall of nethserver-nextcloud which leads to the errors @dnutan pointed out.

I need to check the reinstall again…and maybe update the documentation.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Nextcloud: disable the web-based upgrader