Structure .rst file (Help Files) / La Estructura de los archivo .rst, (Archivos de Ayuda)

Right now Linux users can edit the file with gedit .rst, Retext, geany …

But we must follow some parameters because if we do not index structure would be wrong.

En estos momentos para los usuarios Linux pueden editar los archivos .rst con gedit, ReText, geany…

Pero debemos seguir unos parametros ya que si no lo hacemos su estructura de indice sería errada.

In the title translated “Backup (Configuration)” below you can see that symbols equal “=” not complete the translation and generate an error in the document

En el titulo traducido “Copia de Seguridad (Configuración)” debajo pueden observar que los símbolos de igualdad “=” no completan la traducción y generan un error en el documento

Here you can see and preview the title is in bold.

Aquí pueden observar como en la previsualización el titulo esta en negritas.

In the editor geany you can see index file damaged by not following the above parameters

En el editor geany pueden observar el indice del archivo dañado por no seguir los parámetros anteriores

By keeping the parameters index of the help file is not corrupted

Al mantener los parámetros el índice del archivo de ayuda no se corrompe

At the end of .rst file is not translated.

Al final del archivo .rst no se traducirá.

{{{INCLUDE NethServer_Module_BackupConfig_*.html}}}

These are steps when performed locally. Or they can be edited directly from GitHub.

@alefattorini @davidep @mabeleira

2 Likes

I agree, some guidelines are needed. I recall the manual has some of them already: https://github.com/nethesis/nethserver-docs/blob/master/README.rst#editing-guidelines

About the editor: the GitHub one is online and immediately available. No docutils/git installation needed. Thus I liked it and pointed as the general tool to document the RST translation workflow.

Do you think it is a good tool for basing an howto on it?

1 Like

Agree, thanks @jgjimenezs for your work… maybe choosing the same editor (github) for a howto could help.
Anyway, that’s a good start thanks for point it out

2 Likes

Happy mothers day!

I’m translating directly into GitHub as I go if not going well for @davidep

If I misguided in translations from GitHub me know.

Regards :coffee:

Good!! @davidep will be certainly happy about it! Really appreciated :smile:
Happy mother’s day :sunny:

1 Like

I advance translations.

I think we need the help of ddclient module

@davidep @alefattorini

Now I’ll take the day to be with family.

regards

2 Likes

What are doing friend? Like it :+1:

@jgjimenezs I see your amazing changelog on GitHub :open_mouth:

If you like, I’m here for helping on any GitHub issue.

Please share your feelings and experienge about the tool! How does it go with GitHub? Do you think it is sustainable for accomplish the .rst translation task?

1 Like

Thanks for your help is very important.

For me it is much better to translate files online from GitHub.

With time spent can be translated and then check to edit details.

Yes. is sustainable do translations in GitHub. unless they change methods

Regards :coffee:

Advance translations of .rst

17 of 53 files translated from GitHub.

After completing the translations I will verify each file for possible errors and correct them in time.

:beers:

1 Like

Go @jgjimenezs Go!

1 Like

Pass me the link to the github so i can help you

1 Like

Tienes cuenta en GitHub?

I created a repository fork of @davidep

I can add you as a partner, if you have an account on GitHub, If you do not have an account, create it and you send me your username

Regards

Si mabeleira es la cuenta

When we make translations and at the end we will use the following comments:

Spanish translation
Update Spanish translation
partial Spanish translation

I use “Update Spanish translation” when the file is already translated .rst by @davidep and I corrected one that other details.

Perfecto ya te voy a agregar. Bienvenido a bordo. Amigo

@davidep @alefattorini We have another collaborator for translations in GitHub. @mabeleira :tada:

1 Like

@mabeleira ya puedes ver los archivos .rst en GitHub?

@mabeleira esta es la ruta: nethserver-lang/locale/es/help at patch-1 · jgjimenez/nethserver-lang · GitHub

Saludos