Storage with deduplication

I have long used nethserver for its multiple features for a small business. but I always try new possibilities, but I end up going back to the good old nethserver.

in one of these tests I had the opportunity to test deduplication on a very basic web interface system for administration. ok, ok, the nethserver doesn’t have these things in the interface, but it is very complete in the administration of each resource.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to include deduplication in the next versions of the system…

===================
ORIGINAL:
Atmazenamento com deduplicação

uso a muito tempo o nethserver pelos seus múltiplos recursos para uma pequena empresa. mas sempre testo novas possibilidades, mas acabo voltando ao bom e velho nethserver.

em um desses testes tive a oportunidade de testar a deduplicação em um sistema bem básico de interface web para administração. ta bom, ta bom, o nethserver não e la essas coisas na interface, mas ele é bem completo em administração de cada recurso.

Queria saber se tem alguma possibilidade de incluir a deduplicação nas próximas versões do sistema…

ZFS would do this, though deduplication is very RAM-intesive. And since NS8 will run on Debian 11, and Debian isn’t as allergic to ZFS as RedHat is, this may be plausible.

Or use your datastorage on a ZFS based NAS instead of your NS machine?

If NS is a vm under Proxmox Virtual Environment u could use Proxmox Backup Server to get dedub…