[resolved]Stephdl is down

Blocked by my provider :expressionless:

I opened a ticket

3 Likes

Thanks for your informations . In fact my server slowed down a lot in showing me the list of applications and loading updates.

rpm -e --nodeps nethserver-stephdl

you remove my repository, then reinstall it later

yum --disablerepo=stephdl,stephdl-roundcubemail update

2 Likes

it should be good but I needed to move my repository to another host, we need to wait dns propagation. For what I tested it is good.

Still waiting that my provider release my main host
 joyeuse saint valentin

1 Like

Hi I tried and at the moment it started working again

2 Likes

Ahh that is why I can no longer see anything loading in my application center
 I also tried to do a “yum update” because I thought something was wrong and it kept on trying that address over and over. So when a mirror is not responding it could block everything else. Is there a way to put a timeout on mirrors that are not responding to prevent blocking ? Literally my application’s page is not loading anymore. Applications and Software Center actually.

yep this is something I found too
 i am fixing it on my side

Cool Stephane! :slight_smile: And thank you! It literally happened right after I downloaded the email server
 Bad timing lol.

fixed timeout2 seconds maximum time 5 seconds

How much GB is your repo?

Have a simple vps01.havak.nl serving a tiny development repo with 60+ GB free space.
No clue how to setup an mirror but could (repo)sync your repo if it fits

2 Likes

Ditto, on both counts.

2 Likes

Patience, everyone!

There’s NO way to speed up DNS, much less on a weekend.
A new Repo entry? Will also need to be replicated within DNS

Transfer the Registrar? Takes even longer than DNS replication!

Sure it’s a PITA, shows how many use Stephdl’s cool stuff!

But patience, and trust that Steph will give his provider a tough time!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

I’m not being in the least impatient–these things happen, and I’m not waiting on anything critical (I actually don’t think I’m waiting on anything at all ATM). But I think this shows that a mirror would be a good thing, and if someone can explain how to do it, I’d be happy to host one.

1 Like

There are docs how to provide a mirror for NethServer, but not for individual Repos. But it IS a good idea!

And I’d host one to! Depending on space requirements, I could do 1 or 2

1 Like
[nethserver-base]
name=NethServer-$nsrelease - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.nethserver.org/?release=$releasever&repo=base&arch=$basearch&nsrelease=$nsrelease
#baseurl=http://mirror.nethserver.org/nethserver/$releasever/base/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
repo_gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-NethServer-$releasever
enabled=1
enablegroups=0

To make it efficient we should have something like this, make a repository list on a host that we are sure that it won’t never fail, because I simply do not know if yum keeps it in cache, if my main host with the list of mirrors does not answer, what it occurs ?

Of course it fails :slight_smile:

1 Like

so it doesn’t help. When my server was on a SME Server, I got a rsync server, If I find time I could put one up, like this you can mirror, however it will be the same. I think wget can do the same too

of course if needed my mirror is your

I suppose a cloud load balancer would be needed, but I don’t know if there are any for free

1 Like

Hi

As a start a simple dual entry in DNS would be better than nothing
 A dual or multile DNS entry results in a round robin

This was often done, before the advent of automatic multiple mirrors.

My 2 cents
Andy