Spamassassin Bayesian filter issues

Yep you can amend the documentation by a pull request in gh

Rspamd will have the interface.

1 Like

Have a look at rspamd here:

:open_mouth: ! GREAT I’ll give it a try.

Please forgive my lazyness… Bayesian filter and how to use it is clearly written on documentation?
Maybe some procedures for “enable spam classification” from Webtop could be useful…

As a matter of a fact, the prerequisites (200 spams AND 200 hams) aren’t written anywhere.
Marking 200 hams must be done from the command line. I’ll update it anyway.

1 Like

rspamd also require 200 ham before to trust the bayesian filter. but it learns alone :heart_eyes:

It is really a nice software

1 Like

SpamAssassin learns automatically too.

yep I saw the configuration in postfix…I’m looking in it

Only in the junk folder. Users have to manually mark 200 messages as ham. That means that in practise they have to mark 200 mails as spam and then mark them back as not spam. It is counter-intuitive. But I updated the documentation :wink:

No, auto learn works even for ham.
https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AutolearningNotWorking

I don’t think so Fillippo, at least not using Nethserver’s implementation.

First the doc explicitly says that a ham is learned as such when it is put outside the Junk folder.

Secondly, my system shows that the number of hams don’t increase on a live system

sa-learn --dump magic 
0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0        475          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0        211          0  non-token data: nham

211 was the exact number of hams I made it learn manually some days ago.

Update for anybody looking for the same using rspamd (new mail module)

The command rspamc learn_ham /var/lib/nethserver/maildir/user@domain/Maildir/cur

does the trick (learning INBOX as ham)`

I still believe that this suggestion is actual :

1 Like

Well, command
rspamc learn_ham /var/lib/nethserver/maildir/user@domain/Maildir/cur
should be delivered as soon as possible into documentation for help mail domain migration…

2 Likes

I found that it’s already mentioned in the docs but it may be hard to find:

http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/rspamd.html#frequently-asked-questions

https://rspamd.com/doc/faq.html#how-can-i-learn-messages

What do you think?

Maybe a “Best Practice” page or “checklist for a nice migration” could be the right way to summarize a way to migrate or create a good mail server.
Unfortunately my english is not sleek and catchy enough for being concise, clear and effective.

This should include (IMVHO)

• Data collect for get all the informations needed
  • Steps to be done to install, add modules, configure data, users and aliases
  • Steps for migrate mailboxes and preferences (import from files, POP3/IMAP collect, IMAP transfer via client)
  • Steps for protect server (antivirus check, fail2ban setup, password set)
  • Steps for start data transfer to the real world (DNS, MX Record, port forwarding)
  • Steps for improve reputation for not being marked as spam (TLS Certificate, SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
  • Steps for improve SPAM detection

This should be a “scenario” detailed enough to help conscious and skilled enough sysadmins (even junior ones) to have the full toolbox for adapt it to their environment.
Also, concise enough to be a four A4 printed sheets (plus one for data collect) to kickstart any installation.
(the document should be unrelated to groupware or webmail, but also suggest to look for both of them before take a direction or another)

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. There were several support questions about that and migrating a mailserver to Nethserver is a common scenario.

We already have a nice wiki page by @stephdl that partly covers some points you mentioned.

https://wiki.nethserver.org/doku.php?id=email_protection_resources

We could create a wikified howto here in the forum or use a wiki page and work on a migration guide together.

Excellent list ! I’d love to participate to a common effort !

Regarding the command, I was more thinking of presenting a “learn” button and a checkboxlist of mailboxes to learn ham and spam from. But I’m an UI addict.

I created a howto thread for that, so we can work on it: