(SOLVED) Weird client disconnection issue

NethServer Version: 7.9.2009

I’ve had this issue since install, whenever I open TeamViewer and try to connect to a client it will simply destroy the connection from my client end to Nethserver therefore killing all internet access activity on my client machine, at first I thought whatever i’ll just use something else other then TeamViewer, but now I noticed it also happens with Call Of Duty - Cold War, every time it starts to login to the servers it does the same thing, I really have no idea what the cause is, the issue will happen across multiple different PC’s and the issue goes away when I remove Nethserver from the picture, I have tried looking through the Nethserver logs but have failed to find any hints apart from Nethserver re-issuing a DHCP address to the previously mentioned disconnect client.

My network is setup as such, Bridged Modem>Nethserver>Switch>PC’s, pretty standard stuff.

I do not use any IPS, it’s simply just the firewall and fail2ban.

Any help would go a long way because it’s got me stumped…Perhaps it’s just a borked install?
If you want settings or log files please let me know…

Current Modules
Collectd Charts
Crontab Manager
Dynamic DNS
Fail2Ban
File Server
Firewall
PhpMyAdmin
5.5.68-MariaDB
10.3.27-MariaDB
Restore Data
WebServer
PHP 5.4
PHP 7.3
PHP 8.0

After a fresh install the problem is resolved, I will reinstall all my needed modules one by one and see if it was a module causing the issue or simply a broken install.

UPDATE: Problem is not solved it doesn’t happen with TeamViewer or COD:CW anymore but it now happens when steam is opened on any PC connected to Nethserver, I’m going to try another NIC and see what happens. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Issue is resolved, it was related to the e1000e driver hanging.

2 Likes