SOGo with GMail SMTP

NethServer Version: NethServer release 7.6.1810 (final)
Module: SOGo 4.x

Hi there!

I´m trying to move some users from local POP clients to a webmail scenario, and to my surprise, SOGo doesn´t seem to include the means in the GUI to configure an external SMTP server to relay the outgoing messages.

I want to use SOGo as a webmail “front end”, as I would with Thunderbird or Rainloop Webmail.

I´ve found this (post #15), which seems to be what I need, but the templates’ folder and contents don’t match my installation:

But “/etc/e-smith/templates/sogo-config/05general_preferences” does note exist in my server.
I´ve found “/etc/e-smith/templates/etc/sogo/sogo.conf/60general” which is related but shorter and has a different format.

So, is it possible to use SOGo as I intend?

I am also starting to consider using Roundcube (I didn´t remember that module existed) but I do like the shared calendars feature uin SOGo, so I am still interested in it.

On second thought maybe it is possible to connect Roundcube to Google´s or SOGo´s calendar service?

Thanks in advance.

MadOp

Hi @MadOp and a warm welcome back!
As you can see in the post you mentioned, you have to create that file yourself. Follow the instructions the post following your mentioned post SOGo - How to force external login with email account? and you create the custom template.
Do ask back if you need more information or have more questions.
regards,
robb

Hi Rob, thanks for your kind reply :slight_smile:

This puppy just keeps running, so I haven´t had a need for assistance in a while I guess. Kudos to the Team for that !!!

So, just to be sure: for the post I was under the impression that I would have to modify an original template, but the original file is so different I might as well be using “touch 60general_preferences” and start from blank.

Is that correct?

This server has gone through a few NS updates and I feared I could be carrying some legacy files and this change could break the template systems.

I do have a system backup, but hey, I better check with the people who knows much more than I do…

You can create a new custom template (named 21mail, 90custom or any other non-existent template file name you choose) with just:

SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = YES;

You may not need to modify 45user_source template, but if there is some parameter that you need but isn’t there, then you’d have to copy it to a template-custom and do the changes there (tracking future updates for changes to add).