SOGo only on green interface

Yes perfectly understandable…no matter on that we are few with the english as mother tongue.

Like you said you could block attackers with fail2ban…bad login and you are kicked during x time

Sogo is a community effort any of us is able to propose or do a PR.

One objection if we go to that way I would love a UI checkbox to enable/disable it

1 Like

That essentially makes this a “feature”, and not a “requirement” forced down your throat, wether you like it or not…

:slight_smile:

Open Source gives you such options!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Yes, this would be a new feature …

Regardless of how it works fail2ban, intruders knock from a lot of IP addresses on red interface… This can be a serious network load …

Yes I am thinking of a checkbox or similar menu where you can choose from which interface to log in to SOGo, access the SOGo login web page.

I think the developers of Nethserver can solve this.
Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks and Regards

May I disagree? It’s… load the page of SOGo. And the answer “wrong, dude”. The second try, there should be already the cache of previous access; if too many times the same IP try to login, Fail2Ban will take care of that.
Do what you please, but IMVHO, unless passwords are “fakewords security” level I would not be that concerned about possible external access.

2 Likes

We normally only restrict to trusted networks, obviously when you set a VPN it is added to the trusted network

So in short it is enabled to public or restricted to trusted network

Not possible to decide AND/OR

So no tcp/udp services are forwarded to the nethserver, no imap,smtp,pop of the email stack, except of course the udp vpn ports

All right, I take note of the opinions of others. I dare not mention that this would have been useful for Nextcloud as well …

If my request cannot be resolved, thank you for listening and you will forget my request.

Thanks and Regards

Happy Cristnas for all!

Well @steve … at least try.
Give to some trusted people the “task” to try access 30/40 times from at least 3/4 different public ip addresses at the same time. And try to see how much data is used by 160 tried accesses, with Fail2ban active. It’s… a test. Maybe it’s not “comparable” as another whole country trying to guess logins and passwords, but it could provide some basic measure on resource usage. :wink:

nextcloud is a core package, so dev team must be agreed. What about @giacomo to make a property to restrict to public or private network ?

2 Likes

I’d say having Nextcloud not open to the public, it’s a bit against it’s original target :slight_smile:

It’s the first time I see such a request, so I would not include into the standard. Still, if you want, you can achieve it with a template custom.

2 Likes

If you consider nextcloud as a website, I would tend to say yes it is against the goal.

Nowadays informations ressources are often behind vpn because we speak now about intranet, so it could make a good point to decide who is able to connect.

yum install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.9.2009/nethforge-testing/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-sogo-1.8.4-1.5.gaf37808.ns7.noarch.rpm

follow the QA : https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/6617#issuecomment-1000718906

2 Likes

ping, do not forget

@steve could you help to test the rpm before to release it , the QA :

1 Like

Steph did a great work for this feature request?
Nobody want to give it a try?

@steve don’t be shy :wink:

1 Like

Thanks to @stephdl for their work and help.
I want to test so I installed the nethserver-sogo package from the nethserver repository, and I found a new checkbox (setting.Webaccess).
This is it? How does it work if I select or not?

Thank you for your help.

If the checkbox is checked SOGo is accessible from public, see https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/6617
For your case it needs to be unchecked.

@stephdl thanks for your work!

1 Like

It was confusing that I forgot to remove the previously suggested custom template …

I removed the custom template, restarted its httpd and ran the signal-event nethserver-sogo-update command and it actually works as described by @stephdl although this was no doubt for me. I also confirm that the test was successful.

@stephdl thanks for your work!

I would like to ask if this can be solved for Nextcloud as well?

Thank you all for your help.

1 Like

Why use NextCloud instead of SMB if used only in LAN?

I don’t want to use Nextcloud instead of smb, but together. For a similar reason, I want to make Nextcloud access only available through VPN and a green interface like Sogo.