yum update sogo\* sope\* --enablerepo=nethforge-testing

what I have tested on my main server

desktop notification
multiple identity
2fa with GA

Please upgrade and test

2 Likes

THANK YOU EARLY CHRISTMAS!

Updated and have confirmed 2fa and multiple identities works!

How is an administrator supposed to control what identity/alias will be available to end users so they are not just adding whatever they feel like?

1 Like

need to check sogo doc

I have been reading this morning on their docs and still can’t find any mention of 2fa, desktop notifications or identities. I assume most of this is bleeding edge new-ish and I would advise some to be careful. Their 2fa implementation for instance does not generate any backup codes nor does it validate that the 2fa input before allowing the end user to enable/save their 2fa secret.

true we did a better job :smiley:

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Single sign on think tank

Maybe this should be asked on the user mailling list of sogo

Hi @stephdl,

I found a little error after installation of 5.0.0. There seems to be a little conflict between fail2ban when I click the safe-button (“the disk”) after changing user settings, e.g. when I activate 2FA.

grafik

Best regards
Thorsten

2 Likes

will try to reproduce, fun

I cannot reproduce sorry

This is my list of active jail

[root@prometheus ~]# fail2ban-client status 
Status
|- Number of jail:	28
`- Jail list:	apache-auth, apache-badbots, apache-fakegooglebot, apache-modsecurity, apache-nohome, apache-noscript, apache-overflows, apache-scan, apache-shellshock, dovecot, dovecot-nethserver, ejabberd-auth, httpd-admin, mysqld-auth, openvpn, pam-generic, pam-generic-nethserver, phpmyadmin, postfix, postfix-ddos, postfix-sasl-abuse, recidive, roundcube-auth, rspamd, sieve, sogo-auth, sshd, vsftpd

Could you reformulate please, not sure to undestand, or please take some screenshot

maybe the logs can help us, check sogo, fail2ban and messages logs

Let me formulate it differently:

It works, but the error message appears whenever I press the save button within settings.

I will send you a PM.

Best regards
Thorsten

Do you have some sieve rules inside SOGo (or whatever other imap client) to sort your email ?

Hi Steph,

no, I do not think so - where / how can I find out?

Best regards
Thorsten

Hi Stephan, sorry for jumping in late and thank you for the update.

Updated a test-vm. No erreor in sogo.log, yum.log or messages. Fail2ban with sogo-auth jail is enabled.
Login possible and no misbehavior to see.

Looked so good, that I updated my prodution machine. Same here. Everythings seems to work.
Again no erreor in sogo.log, yum.log or messages.
Processtatus is active and no message!

Stay well and healthy! Keep your perfect working! Thanks again! :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

an imap client like thunderbird, roundcubemail, SOGo, probably rainloop and webtop can sort the email when receiving by a sieve rule.

It is a rule by sender, topic, etc to move the email to a specific folder

I invoke this feature since 2010 at least :smiley:

Thank you @stephdl and @Neustradamus for the heads up

1 Like

yeah I recall it :wink:

@ stephdl …Yes … you are right … it was a filter (sieve) within SoGO. It was not applied for ages and I deleted the respecive target folder in the mean time. You found it … again … on my system

Thanks
Thorsten

1 Like

Works like a charm!

1 Like

Released to nethforge

4 Likes