So, what are you working on?

One of the things that I always find valuable when joining a new community is getting an idea of what other people do. It helps me to make connections and to find the right people to bounce ideas around with.

I like hearing what other people do over the course of their day. What challenges they face and what keeps them up at night.

So what specifically are you working on at the moment? Are you building a network for a customer or installing a new server? Doing some tests? Do you work for a company, or do you freelance? Is there a problem that you’re here hoping to solve?

I’m working on finishing a storage migration, and an ldap version
migration. Those are part of my company goals for the year.

1 Like

I’m developing a customized Nagios installation for Raspbian.

A couple of central server components are released publicly for NethServer:

• nethserver-adagios
  • nethserver-ocsinventory

Which size of storage? How many users on your ldap?

@mabeleira what kind of storage ? And way of migration , in breaf

We migrated high end to hight end, and now we are cleaning the low end
migrating it to the high end, in order to reorg the space and virtualize it
as 2nd tier of the high end.

The ldap has about 1 thousand users, but is the core of the organization.

@nas what are you working on? :wink:

Hi everybody

in these days I’m working to planning the migration of my customers’s SME server to NethServer (Enterprise edition but it’s the same for Community Edition) checking if minimal hardware requirements are availables and how to reduce as much as possible stop working time.

2 Likes

Completed the launch of the super member program in these days I’m working on a marketing plan for NethServer, a new roadmap/stuff for newcomers :smile: and an event for community manager in Italy

For the Aix we used migratepv, is hot migration form of moving data from
one disk to another in the same vg. For Windows we are just giving the new
luns and we move data by copying, for linux we use dd.

This week I’m working on announcements for NethServer, new welcome topic, small restyling of our nethserver site. New iniatiatives with the ambassadors and padawan group

And you folks? What’s keeping you busy?
@cesare @carsten @sg-a @flatspin @trobbelke @jiminzim @Mary27 @m.traeumner @xcod @des @bwdjames @stephdl

2 Likes

Too busy with AWS related work unfortunately.

What I would like to be working on for NethServer is the following:

• Getting Nethserver to work nicely on a Raspberry Pi 4 with about 8Gb RAM. Still have to get the hardware at some point in order to do this.
  • Try out a NethServer installation in AWS. Been a long-term desire, just haven’t had the chance to sit down and properly plan it out as yet.
3 Likes

I work at work :smile:

1 Like

Hi to all,

• My actual work is to make a server switching from MS Server 2008 R2 to MS Server 2019 ready.
  • Last week I tried to move a Nethserver installation from Proxmox to Hyper-V, but after converting the image to vhdx it can’t boot, so I decided to make a new installation at the Hyper-V and restore the configuration and data. This works without any problem.
  • Also I found a solution for my old problem with SOGo and multiple organization units at a Windows AD.
  • At the next days I’ll try to help @mrmarkuz to get Horde running with PHP 7.
  • A big future project would be to install Icaro HotSpot on a local Nethserver.
3 Likes

I think about providing a dev VM image to make it easy for starters. I’d also like to do some testing of new howtos that were shared recently.

3 Likes

My work is not very IT related ATM.
I try to keep the economical impact of COVID to my company as minimal as can… :roll_eyes:
As long we are on a good way, but I’m concerned about fall.
But let’s be optimistically and not complaining about eggs non laid yet! :+1:

2 Likes

I’m actually preparing a Demo to be shown Friday, 17. July in Germany.
This Demo is about Open Source Components:

The Stars are quite familiar:
NethServer, Proxmox, OPNsense and Zabbix!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Congrats, I use 3 of 4…

3 Likes

Just a bunch of metal, silicon, copper, fiberglass and an overpriced logo on this. At least, some says.
After a 24x100mbs switch i’m calling that “My precious”. Gollum style.

1 Like