Showing server-manager panels to a user

The easier should be to use the User Panel with a new plugin Tab, and inside a SELECTOR_MULTIPLE of all panels, but it can be imagined to create a particular Panel.

It depends on how many users and delegations I need to manage, if I need to delegate just one user or two your way is more suitable at the contrary if I need to delegate more users or I need to create more delegations they will be dispersed into user panel. In this case I need a particular panel, am I wrong?

In fact something that I don’t like too much in the server-manager of SME Server is the menu for each Contribs you have, when a lot of contribs are installed, you have a lot of menus.
This is done mainly because formagick prevents to build panel with a plugin way. A core panel can not be modified by another developer.

It is different here but at the end it is needed to display a list of user/group whatever the panel.

Thus I mean that it could be used the user and the group panel, hence nethgui will be streamlined

Hi guys

but I’m a little bit confused.

@Paulo_Rodrigues wants to just assign some widget of the NethServer Admin Dashboard to some “power” user and/or some administration action such as create/modify users/groups/folders etc.?

I the first case we could continue this discussion within
http://community.nethserver.org/clicks/track?url=%2F%2Fcommunity.nethserver.org%2Ft%2Fthe-nethserver-end-user-dashboard%2F911&topic_id=1884

However very interesting discussion.

I guess the latter but only @Paulo_Rodrigues can answer correctly :slight_smile:

My first idea was to create users with admin permissions on the dashboard, then the community start to put in their ideas and I just let them go.

But it is very interesting, to know how this can evolve, for me the idea of a user can set the ACL share folder is amazing or having the capability of get the information of the space he uses on server.

I already see your drawings and they are fantastic, I think giving permissions like models is the best.

I will try to use your link to provide same of my ideas on the future.

1 Like

Right, here we’re talking about permissions. @sitz’s discussion is about Dashboard strengthening