Show Nethserver web interface URLs on login via issue

Who wants to test the iso with the login URLs shown in console after reboot after base install?

https://mrmarkuz.goip.de/mirror/mrmarkuz/7/isos/nethserver-7.4.1708-x86_64.iso

grafik

6 Likes

It’s time to do a PR in GH, and see what is needed more to integrate your changes

2 Likes

Done.

3 Likes

Downloading the ISO as we speak
 Will fire up a VM ASAP.

I installed from the ISO in ProxMox on a VM with 1 proc/2cores, 1GB RAM and 32GB VDisk.
I chose the unattended install. All went well untill reboot. There the install hang and I had to force it to shut down and start again.
I don’t know why it hang (yet)
At first boot, the IP address was there. But as soon I rebooted again, the IP address was gone. Any idea?

1 Like

Thanks for testing!

Then it works. It’s just there on the first boot. If we want it permanent we have to change the /etc/issue template. It’s only needed on first boot I think, then you are going to setup the interface.

So the question is:

2 Likes

4 8006-2018-01-27-17-48-31

2 Likes

I tested the unattended install with VMware and it took some time at “restore initramfs” but rebooted in the end.

Maybe I was too impatient? :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I put a new ISO online if you want to retest (your patience): https://smart-ict.services/mirror/mrmarkuz/7/iso/nethserver-7.4.1708-x86_64.iso

3 Likes

Thank you @mrmarkuz I merged your PR!

We will see this enhancement with the 7.5 ISO release! We have to remember to test this one too!

3 Likes

It’s on my future todo list.

2 Likes

Hi ,

@davidep @mrmarkuz
Where is it gone? Installed three new machines with 7.7.1908 the last days and didn’t get this hint. All installed on proxmox with a static IP.
I like the variation at proxmox itself, which always shows the address.

The hint is there but only at the first boot of the new installed system.

I didn’t see it at the first boot.

Weird, I tested it yesterday with vmware and it was there.
The code is still there:

Did you set the static ip during installation?

Did you use interactive install?

1 Like

Yes I did.

Yes, I did also.

I’ll have a look again at the next installation.

Could the application of configuration override the ip configured during installation?

It wasn’t overwritten, I only didn’t get the text.