Shared folder user quota

Any updates on this? Maybe in NS7?

We don’t have any plan yet. Did you find a good online guide to start with?

OK, fine.

Hadn’t the time to check for it. But SMB quotas were asked from one of the schools we installed NethServer, so we will probably delve into it sooner or later.

Please open a new #feature request so we can get into it

Let’s see if I may be able to provide a tentative solution, before :wink:

What I would like to discuss here is how to implement it, as soon as I am able to make it work manually.

Is there posibility to set up for users created in SambaAD user quota from NS gui? or it should be done manually?
I have read this post
http://community.nethserver.org/t/shared-folder-user-quota/?source_topic_id=5215

but still waiting for any news…

1 Like

Not currently, as I said before it would be a nice feature. Have you done some digging on that?

I know it’s really late, I’m sorry but I found it only today :blush:

It seems technically feasible. Maybe a new #feature for the upcoming Cockpit UI? /cc @giacomo @edoardo_spadoni

Does anybody want to have a crack at it? Just to see if it works as documented… (yes, sure)

3 Likes

Hi there. I just try it and it seem work like a charm. On Front end need only to add a simple panel to set quotas. On NSDC in systemd-nspawn no change need, because AC read directly the quota on file server. Obviously quota can’t be managed with RSAT/ADUC.
For other information I remain available.

5 Likes