Samba provisioning failes at upgrade from v6 to v7

v7

(Ralf Jeckel) #1

NethServer Version: 7.4-1708
Module: NSDC

Hi guys, first of all I want to apologize for beeing absent since some time, but real life and personal issues are shaking me this days. But I’m still working with and on Nethserver and I promise to come back!

My Probem:

I want to upgrade an existing NS6 to NS7 via rsync-method.
During upgrade to active directory the task stop at 50% with “activate services” .
journalctl -M nsdc shows the following:

If I read this correctly, this setup has a user and a group with the same name and that’s the problem.

How can I delete the specific group before provisioning? On the source machine I cant find this group.
Did I do the mistake as I choosed the domain “jeckel.local” and a user called “jeckel”?

Can anyone please help me?

TIA Ralf

(Michael Träumner) #2

What’s about deleting the user at the old server? I think at the new one you can create it again.

(Ralf Jeckel) #3

I did a roll back by now and had a look at the ladp. All users are in ou=Groups and all groups are in ou=People. So it’s vize versa. In this case I had to delete all users on my old machine…

I will try to delete the groups in ldap before provisioning the dc.

But how comes that? Any hint for me @davidep ?

EDIT:

I’m getting nuts. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can do a ldapsearch with credentials from account-provider-test dump but no ldapdelete:
insufficient access (50) / no write access to parent.

EDIT 2:

Sometime I’m blind to the easy way. It’s possible within the GUI. Sorry for bothering you all.

Now the provisioning of the DC worked!!

(Davide Principi) #4

This is typical in Linux systems, where each user has a “private” primary group named after him… i.e. user jeckel has group jeckel. But the upgrade script already takes this into account, at least for users in LDAP of ns6.

(Ralf Jeckel) #5

Hi Davide, thanks for explaning, but

didn’t work in this case. The provisioning failed, because there was user jeckel and group jeckel from ns6. Only after I deleted the groups manually in the GUI, the upgrade to DC worked.

I have some snapshots, so if you can give me some advice to investigate what happend here, I’m happy to do.

(Davide Principi) #6

This is not possible for primary groups. I guess your setup has some customization? Is it an user/group created from the command line or by some other means?

(Ralf Jeckel) #7

Yes, there are some users created from commandline. But I don’t know all. This setup is several years old. I tried some installations on it like virtualbox and some others not from softwarecenter.

Is this the reason??