Samba asks for a password after update

After updating NethServer, when you try to connect to network resources, you immediately ask for a password. What is going on?

There are some ongoing issues with yesterday’s upstream release: CentOS 7.6.1810

Check your samba version:

[root@host ~]# rpm -q samba
samba-4.8.3-4.el7.x86_64

If that matches you have two options

a) downgrade with yum history undo last

b) upgrade to NethServer 7.6.1810 beta (some packages for firewalls are still on QA)

yum install http://packages.nethserver.org/nethserver/7.6.1810/updates/x86_64/Packages/nethserver-release-7-9.ns7.noarch.rpm
echo '7.6.1810' > /etc/yum/vars/nsrelease
yum clean all
yum update

See also this Bug

Thank you for your message.

The first suggestion did not help.
I went to the other one. Upgrade above.
And yes. It works, but only without Active Directory. After joining, he asks for the password again :expressionless:

Sorry, I updated to 7.6.1810 but I can not reproduce.

Are you trying to access the samba share as domain user with permissions and are asked for a password?

What if you enter correct domain user name/password?

Do guest shares work normally?

This is the bugfix for Samba shares on 7.6

Samba: can't access shares · Issue #5647 · NethServer/dev · GitHub

Please see if you can connect with smbclient as explained there

1 Like

I can not get to the main resource. Only with AD on.
When I enter the administrator password, I enter without any problems.
Passwords should work on shared folders, not on the main resource.

Please try with

smbclient -d 3 -U '<domain>\<username>%<password>'  //<server>/<share>

Replace the placeholders <> in the line above with your connection parameters. And attach the command output

For me, the password was called just at the attempt to get to the resource. Not for created directories.
That is: I called the server “mars”. I have user directories in it. No slogans. NethServer is calling for a password when trying to enter “mars”. After turning off the AD is ok