Rspamd - training ham

Hi,

sometimes I recieve mails as below.

What does this mean, how can I counteract (as I want that concerned mail to be considered as ham)

THX
Thorsten

This is the mail system at host server.mydomain.tld. I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system <“thorsten@mydomain.tld+learn_ham”@spamtrain.nh>: Command died with status 1: “/usr/bin/rspamc”. Command output: Results for file: stdin (1.257 seconds) HTTP error: 110, error getting reply from redis server /var/run/redis-rspamd/rspamd: timeout

I think it’s due to a timeout during sending the email.
Probably the timeout is set into /etc/rspamd configuration files.

Can you check if redis is correctly installed with systemctl restart redis-rspamd and then check if there is the socket with ll /var/run/redis-rspamd/rspamd.

You receive this error only to one recipient or it’s random?

1 Like

hi

thank for reporting, I have had myself this error message, it was the same cause, a redis timeout. If the error is always, then we should start to look, if like me it was one time and nothing more, then maybe we should just keep an eye on it.

for others, the email is sent to the postmaster (admin or root) to warn about an undelivered email when you drop a spam to the junk mail

yes after checking we set a timout about 1 seconds

/etc/rspamd/local.d/redis.conf
timeout = 1s;

We could increase more I guess

cc @davidep

EDIT: it is not a template, I increased to 3 seconds

1 Like

Thank you all of you for your help - no, this is random, and not
dependent on a specific e-mail. It occurs since about January 2019
without any pattern. I increased the timeout to 3 sec, too.

Best regards

Thorsten

think to restart rspamd also : systemctl restart rspamd

I will ping you to test the final fix

Please @thorsten would you mind to do this QA

yum update nethserver-mail-filter --enablerepo=nethserver-testing

2 Likes

Test startted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank but released as 2.4.5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG - I just noticed from the error recived from installation. I am not that fast. In German we say
“An old man is NOT comparable to a D-Train” (“D-Train” = predecessor of ICE = German’s most fast train comparable to TGV)

1 Like

No problem… Next time it is for you