🤖 Meet @discobot – NethServer interactive welcome/Discourse help guide

@discobot you’re great!

Did someone say my name!? :raised_hand: I believe you did! :wave: Well, here I am! Thanks for mentioning me. :ok_hand:

Can you make some words bold or italic in your reply?

• type **bold** or _italic_

• or, push the B or I buttons in the editor

of course I can

Great job! HTML and BBCode also work for formatting – to learn more, try this tutorial :nerd:

Can you try quoting me when you reply, so I know exactly which part you’re replying to?

If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.

One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least somebody’s listening.

Some people have a way with words, and other people… oh, uh, not have way.

Select the text of whichever ↑ quote you prefer, and then press the Quote button that pops up over your selection – or the Reply button at the bottom of this post.

Below the quote, type a word or two about why you picked that one, because I’m curious :thinking:

Quoting someone else is amazing!

Nice work, you picked my favorite quote! :left_speech_bubble:

Here’s a picture of a unicorn:

If you like it (and who wouldn’t!) go ahead and press the like :heart: button below this post to let me know.

Can you reply with a picture? Any picture will do! Drag and drop, press the upload button, or even copy and paste it in.

2 Likes

1 Like

Did you forget to like :heart: my post? :crying_cat_face:

Nifty picture – I pressed the like :heart: button to let you know how much I appreciated it :heart_eyes:

We like our discussions friendly, and we need your help to keep things civilized. If you see a problem, please flag to privately let the author, or our helpful staff, know about it.

:imp: I wrote something nasty here

I guess you know what to do. Go ahead and flag this post as inappropriate!

Our staff will be privately notified about your flag. If enough community members flag a post, it will also be automatically hidden as a precaution. (Since I didn’t actually write a nasty post :angel:, I’ve gone ahead and removed the flag for now.)

psst … I’ve hidden a surprise in this topic. If you’re up for the challenge, select the search icon at the top right :arrow_upper_right: to search for it.

Try searching for the term “capy​bara” in this topic

:herb: :smiley:

Yay you found it :tada:

• For more detailed searches, head over to the full search page.

• To jump anywhere in a long discussion, try the topic timeline controls on the right (and bottom, on mobile).

• If you have a physical :keyboard:, press ? to view our handy keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks for sticking with me @alessio_test! I made this for you, I think you’ve earned it:

Certificate of Achievement

That’s all for now! Check out our latest discussion topics or discussion categories. :sunglasses:

(If you’d like to speak with me again to learn more, just message or mention @discobot any time!)

Hi, @discobot

Welcome here :grin::grin::grin:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Hi,
@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot let me know: How old are you?

Ehi it isn’t like Siri :smiley: