Review and edit Global whitelist

webfilter
v7

(Michael Kicks) #1

NethServer Version: 7.5.1804
Module: Web Content Filter
Is there any place into nethgui for review and edit the global whitelist?
As far as i can see i can only add domains or URLS… but i am not able to view the whitelist and edit removing no more allowed domains/URLS.

Or maybe my way to manage “always allow that sites” seems… wrong?

(Markus Neuberger) #2

The URLs/domains can be viewed/edited/removed at the same page:

grafik

or manually edit the db:

http://docs.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver-devel/en/v7/nethserver-squidguard.html#configuration

(Michael Kicks) #3

Even in your screenshot the save button (at the right of the page) is not visible…
Anyway, a little… Feature improve or workaround:
starting from a carriage-returned list, add massively domains and URL.
Maybe a textbox or a multi-line list.

(Ralf Jeckel) #4

The save button appears on the very right side:

(Michael Kicks) #5

I’ve take knowledge. enter key is also accepted.
But it’s necessary insert one row (URL or domain) at time. Bulk import procedure could be useful…

(Markus Neuberger) #6

Maybe you can transform your list to entry1,entry2 and enter it like that:

config setprop squidguard DomainWhitelist domain1,domain2

(Michael Kicks) #7

Seems not working…
I added via nethguy some domains. Therefore i used your notation for add some other domain: no error received from shell, but no more DomainWhitelist added on list.

Anyway, instruction for batch add domains and URLs could be added to documentation.

(Markus Neuberger) #8

I forgot to apply the config:
signal-event nethserver-squidguard-save

Be careful, the command sets the whitelist, to add domains you may use this one:

config setprop squidguard DomainWhitelist `config getprop squidguard DomainWhitelist`,domain1,domain2

(Ralf Jeckel) #9

sorry, didn’t read exactly enough. :blush:

@mrmarkuz the file /var/squidguard/blacklist/custom/whitelist/domains is generated by a template in /etc/e-smith/templates/var/squidguard/blacklist/custom/whitelist/ if I understood correctly.
With a template custom a simple file could be use to add a bulk of domains to this file, only not to be maintainable by GUI. What do you think?

(Markus Neuberger) #10

Very nice!

Create templates-custom dir:
mkdir -p /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var/squidGuard/blacklists/custom/whitelist/domains/

Create /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/var/squidGuard/blacklists/custom/whitelist/domains/90customdomains and add your custom domains.

Apply config:
signal-event nethserver-squidguard-save

(Michael Kicks) #11

Seems bad…

(Ralf Jeckel) #12

You can edit the file with a editor like notepad++ save it and do the signal-event. Not that elegant as by GUI, but workable and not to complicated IMO.
But you can also make a feature request to @dev_team. :slight_smile:

(Michael Kicks) #13

Ok, “thanks but no thanks”… I suggest to add this feature (batch add whitelisted domains) but it’s not “critical”.
Unless it goes throught over 80 domains par batch…