Remote access on my server

Yes!

Register your domain at the registrar of your prefference.

Okay, I’d do it then I’d come back to you to finish. Thank you

Hello and thank you all for your different interventions. I come back to you to finalize with my Lets’Encrypt certificate.
I have already registered my domain name with a Host(nomdomain.com), now I have a problem because I can’t open port 80 from my nethserver firewall. I created a DNS (mon.nomdomain.com) at my host, to which I assigned my public address. I’d like to know if I’d need to get my server’s address earlier?

Hi

You NEED Port 80 open for LetsEncrypt to work.
LetsEncrypt verifies that…

You can do that too, using your external IP (And also domainname - mon.nomdomain.com?). Both must work externally. Notebook or mobile…

So what’s exactly the problem with opening Port 80?
Any error messages, log excerpts?

My 2 cents
Andy

The real problem is that when I check on the nethserver network services, port 80 is open on the red(public) network but when I test my public address on the canyouseeme.org site, it can’t see my Public IP on port 80. so I don’t understand anything anymore. So I would like to know how to open port 80 to the public if there is another method?

Hi

What are you using for your internet connection?

Cable? vDSL? Those are the most common for SME and resendential, but there are other possibles…

Sorry for the absence… I use for my connection the cables.

With my Orange Box as ISP

Hi

Sorry, had a few emergency calls from clients due to a power outage… (They have no UPS…)

If you use Cable, that means you have a cable modem, usually connected with Coaxial to the wall socket, and on the other side a LAN connection, which usually gives you an IP adress via DHCP…

Does this more or less describe your situation?

Your Nethserver is then connected with RED to this connection?

Andy

Exactly as you described.
My nethserver is connected with the RED of this connection and I have my two network cards.

Hi

Can you PM me your IPs (Internal / External) and your domain name?

Also a screenshot of your network settings in Nethserver. (<- This may be enough…)

Use the “old” interface with port :980…

Andy

It won’t bother security? Exposing this data and settings on the Internet?

If so, you send me an e-mail address and I will send them to you. Thank you very much.