Raspberry Pi Education server

@Shane_Treweek

Hi

This was / is my Test-Environment.

I got me a second hand Netgear Router (I already had one as WLan box at home). Didn’t want to risk bricking my WLan, so got a second one, now both are running OpenWRT:

-> I did brick the second Netgear about 4 times, but it’s easy now to reflash a box…

:slight_smile:

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

The Netgear actually shows 2 seperate WLan modules, very easy to setup with 5 and 2.4 GHz.
(I do have devices which only can use 2.4 GHz…).

-> I intend to keep the Raspberry OpenWRT for when I’m travelling. Most Hotel Wlan won’t allow connections to other WLan devices, so my iPhone / Macbook can’t see each other (or sync) when in such a WLan…
(I prefer NOT to use iCloud for synching…)

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

Hi

Are you also using Home Assistant on a Raspberry?

My Home setup:

I also have a Testenvironment, running as VM in Proxmox…

My 2 cents
Andy

I’ve got it running on my test server works well i’ve just got to connect zoneminder and my other cameras from tuya smart (it only detects the ac) it’s surprising how many things run out of the box

1 Like

I need to redo my ZoneMinder (Debian 9 LXC on Proxmox), but I do have my cameras integrated…

The people at Home Assistant have really been pushing forward the last 2-3 years (Since I started using it as a replacement for FHEM. I didn’t like OpenHAB - I can handle JAVA, but I don’t feel at home using Java.

I aslo have the Raspberry Z-Wave Module (And an Aeotec Z-Wave USB Stick stuck in my Proxmox for the Test environment!), I use these eg for my Fibaro movement sensors, but also other Z-Wave stuff.

Amazing!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

If you want the analog clock for HA (It’s SVG, displays nicely even in Full Screen display!), I can send you the code…

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Yes please

Drop me a PM with your mail, I’ll make it available as soon as I’m really awake (It’s 06:57 in the morning here!)

Here you can find some details:

My 2 cents
Andy

@Shane_Treweek

Hi

You should have mail… :slight_smile:

Andy

@Shane_Treweek

I got this reply:

But I think you got the mail including ZIP file…
If not, drop a note, I can make it available for download.

Andy

sory for that i didnt think i had that part of savapage working ill fix that

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

No probs…

Like I said, I needed to get awake first… Sure enough, I sent the first mail to the Forum (Instead of your mail), and got an error due to the ZIP attachment!

More coffee needed!

1 Like

thats fine i got your mail

1 Like

i remember a novelty coffee cup that read “first i drink the coffee, then i do the things” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

Coffee break symbols:

kaffeepause1
kaffeepause2

1 Like

With coffee, it’s the same as with CPUs:

A single core just doesn’t cut it anymore, 2 or more are NEEDED !

1 Like

Can be used with coffee

also

1 Like

@Shane_Treweek

I’m a Nespresso user (Melitta filters evoke memories of the '80ies - and I never really liked Melitta Fiter coffee). My older, now discontinued Nespresso actually could trigger the coffee brewing (If machine ready) via Bluetooth. My present one can’t, but the coffee is still excellent! I do miss the automatic coffee in the very early morning - triggered by HA, using awake mode (Movement sensor, etc)…

One major problem (for me) with standard, all included coffee machines (The ones with bean grinder, storage, etc):

You drink the same coffee day in, day out, until the bean storage is empty…

I prefer a stronger one in the early morning, my standard during the day, and in the evening a slightly less strong coffee…

1 Like

now to figure out a way to integrate kids to be automated :slightly_smiling_face:

Makes me recall an image from the german magazine CHIP around 2000:
A dude with wiring around him all over, and his wife in the picture - with Ethernet connection:

I finally connected my wife to the Home Control…

But seriously, the Location services work extremly well in HA. I’m using my mobile for this, but there are several methods to reach the same goal using HA.
At least you know where they are…

1 Like