Problems with shares in ubuntu with PAM_mount and WLAN - AD PDC

Hello,

somehow I turn stupid again.

My problem is secondary not a direct Nethserverproblem but a mixture of several.

Problem is the inclusion of releases using pam_mount in the client, my clients use xubuntu.

If the computer is connected to the LAN cabel the integration of shares works wonderfully, as soon as I use a WLAN connection, it is no longer possible.

Problem is that when I log in with the domain user, the wireless connection is first capped and rebuilt after logging in. However, mount with pam_mount will stop working.

Is it possible to integrate the domain users in a local group on the client that the use of the wireless network is regulated there.

Before logging in I tested the WLAN connection in the console - it works.

I used: HOWTO for Neth 7 as AD PDC and file server with Ubuntu and Windows clients

greetings

Gerald

Please post the content of: /etc/network/interfaces

You may need to add a line for each interface that you want to automatically come up at boot time in /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
auto wifi0

2 Likes

If you have used the network-manager for the wireless connection you should choose “available to all users”, so it starts the connection before login.

1 Like

So have solved the problem under xubuntu 17.10.

I have now made wpa_supplicant completely independent (created my own wpa_supplicant.conf under / etc / wpa_supplicant / and named the interface in the interfaces), so that the WLAN login is already executed at startup by the network manager.

As it seems, a change of Networkmanager has been incorporated since version 17.10.
All the relevant hooks were set: “all users are allowed to use the network” and “automatically connect” sets, every login with domain user requires the entry of network keys.
With the “local user” it works without problems.

here my interfaces configuration:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface wlp4s0 inet dhcp
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
auto wlp4s0
    iface default inet dhcp

and my wpa_supplicant.conf:

ctrl_interface = DIR = /var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP = netdev
update_config = 1
 network = {