Problems trying to configure multiwan

Hola a todos,

Disculpen no hablo mucho inglés, espero alguien me pueda
ayudar. He instalado el Nethserver 6.7 en un servidor de mi trabajo para dar
servicio de Internet en una red Lan, tengo configurado el proxy web con autenticación que funciona muy bien. Ahora estoy tratando de configurar el
Multiwan, ya añadí otra interface de red (rojo) con la IP, netmask, gateway, dns de otro proveedor distinto de Internet , y deseo hacerlo
funcionar como backup, es decir que cuando se caiga el un proveedor, el otro siga dando servicio de Internet.

En el menú Multi Wan he creado los proveedores c/u en su interfaz y con su respectiva carga, está habilitado el traffic shaping con el ancho de banda de 10mb y 5mb respectivamente; pero no me funciona, cuando desconecto el proveedor N°1, en el panel de control cambia de estado de up a down, pero no se puede navegar con el proveedor N°2 ni siquiera hay ping, no hay internet no funciona de hecho revisando el log de
shorewall el uno esta up y el otro Down. Si vuelvo a conectar el cable del proveedor tengo internet denuevo. He revisado el manual he tratado de seguir los pasos, seguramente algo más tengo que configurar pero sinceramente no tengo mucha experiencia esto es nuevo para mí,
espero que por favor alguien me ayude.

Gracias

Ehi Jaime, sorry but I need to ask you to speak in English also using Google translate.
I tried to do it for you below:

Hello everyone,

Sorry I do not speak much English, someone I hope I can
help. I installed 6.7 on a server Nethserver my job to provide
Internet service on a LAN, I have set the web proxy with authentication that works very well. Now I’m trying to set the
Multiwan, and added another network interface (red) with the IP, netmask, gateway, dns a different ISP, and want to make it
function as backup, meaning that when a supplier fall, the other continue to give Internet service.

Multi Wan in the menu I created the suppliers c / u in its interface and its respective load, is enabled traffic shaping with bandwidth of 10Mb and 5mb respectively; but it does not work, when I disconnect the No. 1 provider in the control panel changes state from up to down, but you can not browse the vendor No. 2 there is not even ping, no internet does not work in fact checking the log
shorewall one is up and the other Down. If I reconnect the cable internet provider I have denuevo. I reviewed the manual have tried to follow in the footsteps surely have to set something but honestly have not much experience this is new to me,
I hope someone please help me.

Thank you

Hi, @jimmyc, and welcome.

You may have done this already, but just to be sure:
Did you configure the backup provider with a lower weight than the main?
Have you configured it as Active Backup?, from: Multi-Wan → Configure (button): Active Backup

1 Like

Hi, Yes the backup provider have a lower weight than the main. And I have configured it as Active Backup.

Thanks you, I wait for more ideas,

Jimmy

I had a problem similar to yours.
When I disconnect RED 1 did not work the RED2.
I changed the DNS provider RED1 by the google dns and it worked.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I changed the DNS provider N°1 by the google dns and Problem solved!!!

Thanks

1 Like