Problem to get access to Webtop Cloud

Yes, this is a known bug on the Apache Java VFS libraries.
We have solved it in the interface by sanitizing the names when possible, but this is not always under control.
Here was the issue:

https://issues.sonicle.com/projects/WTCLOUD/issues/WTCLOUD-14

Gabriele

4 Likes

Good morning Federico,

there is no file named C:log.text.

Anmerkung%202019-02-16%20093711

The upload goes not via SFTP. I use only WebTop for Upload.
I have created a new user for testing the upload. Upload is also not possible.

Regards

Uwe

I confirm that the problem has been solved and the fix is included in the 5.5.2 release released a few days ago:

I recommend updating and try again :wink:

I have NS new installed from the latest image.
In the previous version 7.5 1804 I did not have the problem.

Good morning lucag,

the latest version of WebTop 5 is already on the server.

Regards

Uwe

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Changing starter date of a repetitive appointment

@transocean you are checking in the wrong folder.
Use this command and substitute user with your username

find /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/user/ -name '*:*'

Obviusly it will not appear a file named C:log.txt… I created this file manually to have some test.

But you receive the error when try uploading or when you try open webtop cloud?

1 Like

In your case there is a file named “Y:”, in fact in log you can see

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Invalid descendent file name “Y:”

Give me feedback. Thank you.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late answer. Server has crashed. New Installation is running.

Yes, there was a file named “Y:”

Ok, if I solve your problem mark this answer as solution that can be helpful for other users.

Thank you.

Lets wait one hour. Maybe the problem will come back.

1 Like

Yes. Update us :slight_smile:

Same problem after fresh installation.

find /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/*/ -name '*:*'

Launch this command from SSH and post result.

[root@xxx ~]# find /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments// -name ':
find: ‘/var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/
/’: No such file or directory
[root@xxx ~]#

I have updated command. Retry now with this

find /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/*/ -name '*:*'

[root@xxx ~]# find /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments// -name ':
find: ‘/var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/
/’: No such file or directory
[root@xxx ~]#

Now it’s also impossible to get access with the WebTop Admin.

You are launching incorrect command. You have to launch this

[root@xxx ~]# find /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments// -name ':*’
/var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/admin/C:
[root@xxx ~]#

There is a file named C: into admin /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/admin folder.

You can rename it (if complete name is C: and you don’t have truncated result) launching command
mv /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/admin/C: /var/lib/nethserver/webtop/domains/NethServer/com.sonicle.webtop.vfs/mydocuments/admin/C.bak