Pop3 connector no longer deletes mails

NethServer release 7.6.1810 (final)/3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64
after the last update on 13.12 the mails are no longer deleted by the provider via PopConnector and are fetched each time anew. I had only set the limitation to version 7.6.1810 and since the updates of the nethserver-mail didn’t bring any improvement, I also selected the centosupdates, there was a getmail update, which didn’t bring any change. I tried all pop/imap /SSL settings with and without span/viruses, they are always fetched and not deleted. I didn’t notice anything in the logs of mail and cron. Does anyone have an idea, what it can be, how I can find the error?

2 Likes

Just to be clear, you have a full updated nethserver 7.6 or you have managed something to be between two states. I have something I do not understand

I could try to reproduce

I installed a Nethserver 7.6 and limited the updates to this version. Since this didn’t help, I also included the centosupdates.
I think it has something to do with the public folder. Mails that are retrieved there via Pop Connector don’t have the problem.

Delivery error (command dovecot-lda 57575 wrote to stderr: doveconf: Warning: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 280: Global setting mail_plugins won't change the setting inside an earlier filter at /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 206 (if this is intentional, avoid this warning by moving the global setting before /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 206))

The problem is the mailbox size, which I have now disabled. After that there was no more problem when retrieving via Cron

/usr/bin/flock -n -E 0 /var/lib/getmail/xxxxxxx -c "/usr/bin/getmail --getmaildir /var/lib/getmail/ --rcfile /var/lib/getmail/xxxx --quiet"
Delivery error (command dovecot-lda 64841 wrote to stderr: doveconf: Warning: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 280: Global setting mail_plugins won't change the setting inside an earlier filter at /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 206 (if this is intentional, avoid this warning by moving the global setting before /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 206))
2 Likes

thank for your feedback

in my case it does not seem to be a mailbox size problem.
They are far below the quota and it happens to all users

Is there any solution?

Restore of system configuration, before the update

I have no chance to restore a previous version.
Any other idea

for now disable quota, we need to fix the issue

see this other post Pop3 connector - emails re-dowloaded

Patch accepted, we need to verify it…Xmas excuses are not accepted :smiley:

Really thank you in advance.

https://github.com/NethServer/dev/issues/5679

I will play it in new year, many thanks to all and a happy christmas

1 Like