Permit to select language during the first installation

Have a multi-languages ISO it’s not easy as for I know, but we may permit to select it during the first installation wizard. Is it doable? /cc @giacomo, @davidep

1 Like

AFAIK this is possible for NethServer 6.8, but cannot promise it on 7, too: it’s too early!

BTW, I think we should remove Italian and keep only English. I’m thinking about localized log messages, that are a pain for trobleshooting!

2 Likes

I agree! If you need localized install, you can use standard CentOS process :wink:

4 Likes

it should be discouraged and english only OS should be installed…

as Davide said, a localized OS gives error messages in the logs in the language you choose, and diagnosing is definitely a PITA

web gui must be in as many languages we can, OS in english only (knowing english is mandatory, but google can help, always)

as usual, my 2c

1 Like

Hi tribe. Really

Chinese is the most widely used language, but English remains the number of language currently being learned with 1,500 million English learners.

Detail from http://themindunleashed.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/languages.png

I think it is right to promote the previous installation of CentOS for multilingual options.

From there we can also play other flavors Nethserver based solutions. For example a server with minimum desktop :dizzy_face: or greater accessibility :sunglasses: ( these are just examples )

It was difficult to convince some leaders in my project “Without the desk” The good news is that “Freedom of knowledge and education quality can not be guaranteed within the framework of planned obsolescence ,” reflection shared by educators reviewing the project)

:checkered_flag: NethServer:+1… | …Z-other:-1