OpenVPN with DD-WRT routers

Hey Nethserverians!

Sorry to bother all of you again :slight_smile: I am currently trying to connect my Nethserver OpenVPN server by creating a tunnel (site to site) and connecting it to DD-WRT Router.
I want to connect my DD-WRT Router to connect to Nethserver OpenVPN Tunnel.
The problem I am facing is that I am able to connect to the tunnel from DD-WRT Router but my router doesn’t create the VPN for the users who are connected to the router and so I am unable to access Nethserver Network.
Do I need to add something to the firewall??
Do Nethserver support Neth>DD-WRT ? or it only works if I have Nethserver on both sides?

Thanks for you help!

NethServer Version: 7.7.1908
Module: OpenVPN

Yes it does.

A client can be connected to another NethServer or any other firewall which uses OpenVPN
# It's from the docs, here the Nethserver is the client

http://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/vpn.html#tunnel-net2net

Also have a look at the solution of the linked threat please.

Hey.
Thanks for helping me out. But unfortunately I am not able to figure out the problem.
the connection works with roadwarrior accounts by connecting server to remote laptops. but when I create a tunnel which says its running but still my ddwrt router doesnt get connected.
I’ve installed Nethserver on WMWare ESXi. could it be the reason? need some configurations to do?
I am not that strong in networking. So, Please bear it with me and try to explain it.

Thanks

@sheras88 did you considered that maybe your DDWRT router would like a Net2Net connection?

3 Likes