Well, let me push the group idea a little further
There can be as many groups as people want in our community. By time they should reach a mature shape, where we consider them official groups. Such groups have some basic traits, I’d say just to start
- the group has at least one “owner” or “coordinator”
- there are rules for members to enter/exit the group: the owner is responsible to enforce them
Citzens here are “Nethserverians”: to be a Nethserverian, one must be member of an official group.
A special group, let’s call it board_team is elected by Nethserverians among other Nethserverians. I don’t want to put constraints on the number of members from each group. The board_team
- Approves a new official group and its rules about membership
- Nominates one or more owners among group members for each group
- Suspends a group when it is not active any more
This basic structure can grow up as necessary. So far, it is partially implemented in our community.
Absolutely, no! I think this structure encourages contributions. IMO anyone who respects our community rules and contributes back, even with a little contribution, is a NethServerian.
I’m not sure anymore the Discourse platform can help us with its trust levels. They are a really cool and automated feature. It gives an idea of what someone has done. Anyway, I’d prefer to follow what the Support Team is pioneering for us: discussions of easy membership rules, enforced by group coordinators/owners.
List of groups https://community.nethserver.org/groups