NS Samba AD - RSAT Windows 7

“root” is shown but I cannot access it from Windows Explorer, even with “administrator”.

1 Like

@davidep:
Another stupid question from me:

Technically, we have two servers here: one is the AD (the container) and one is the File Server.
To which of them we must to connect with RSAT to change permissions?
Suppose we have two separate servers.
All the permissions are not given by the AD Server?

No, I guess…

The DC container is a vanilla Samba 4.4 installation, the whole configuration is at default, and I hope there is not any need of changing it!

The File server, (as any other Windows Server) has its settings

• Filesystem ACLs, implemented at file system level by Posix ACLs
  • Share permissions, implemented by Samba in share_info.tdb (I guess - BTW I still don’t get why this feature can be useful as we have Filesystem ACLs)
  • administrator-as-root mapping, implemented in the previous post in smb.conf
1 Like

It didn’t work with me either.

I could not connect the File Server but I could connect to the domain controller.

I also received a message that username or password is incorrect to see the Shares on the Share server.

The administrator share is now called the root share, however the administrator is rwx for the root share. I also agree that root share should be called the administrator share.

Hi Jeff,

No, the “root” share is not the administrator account file home share.

Please see here, where is (edit: temporary) solved: Administrative access to all shared folders

Got it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.