I am setting up a second NS mail server as backup of the primary one, to be located
remotely. So I need to do the following
- Need to sync mailbox, mail users, databases, and a few files
- Two nodes - Have exact same config except for hostname/IP related files
- Seems DRDB not applicable since I need to also replicate LDAP
- One node will be in remote location and I dont want to necessarily use virtual IP
I believe I need to replicate the following
- Users/Aliases - ?
- Mailboxes - I can use Dovecot dsync
- SQL DBs - I can do Master-Master or Master-Slave Replication
- LDAP - I can do Master-Master or Master-Slave Replication
- Mailfilter spam whitelists/blacklists - rsync ?
So, I also need to sync email users and my assumption is that they are stored in ldap.
But the Postfix/Dovecot configs indicate that the UserDB is stored in
passwd file, yet they dont appear in /etc/passwd , (but id “email id” displays them) !
So which specific file/s (or db) contains the email accounts that i will need to sync ?