No Nextcloud Database

Also trying desperately to connect phpmyadmin to Nextcloud’s database.

I’m fiddling with phpmyadmin’s config file for some time now and I can’t understand why it doesn’t work.

I replaced the standard nethserver settings (the one that connects to the regular mysql server) by something like what Stephane showed on that post No Nextcloud Database - #17 by stephdl

I think it somehow works BUT there is always that f*** login screen that asks for a login and password, but I can’t figure out WHAT password since if I understand correctly there is no password needed when connecting through the socket.

It blows my mind.

So I looked for something else, and found Adminer

Copied Adminer’s single php file into Nextcloud’s root folder. No installation nor configuration needed.
Entered the same credentials as in Nextcloud’s config.php file.

And boom, here I was.
Bye bye phpmyadmin, I never really loved you :blush:

2 Likes

So that’s how adminer works.

Could you share how exactly you did this (just being lazy here)

My Apologies here, My brain was actually on Nethserver 8 when posting this

matthieu where have you been this last months, NS7 is over, please play with NS8

1 Like

Just keep an eye on the current development rate and possible “oldish” PHP code…

Sure Steph, but the thing is, correct me if I’m wrong, there is yet no sure path to simply upgrade an existing installation without too much fuss. That’s including VPN tunnels between two servers, DHCP, firewall zones, VLANs and so on. Nothing custom, but a somewhat complex situation. I guess that’s another story but right now neither my customers or me can afford to invest a lot of time into this.

For such a tool that’s a one shot so I don’t care. I just need to visually edit a database to troubleshoot a bug I found.

There is really nothing else to say than what I wrote :

Copied Adminer’s single php file into Nextcloud’s root folder

Than visit https://nextcloud.example.net/adminer.php and it’s done.

1 Like

I hope you’re not having my kind of situation av had to build an sso module and was just about to build vpn till I saw @stephdl is going to work on one, so am waiting for his.