No GUI after installing and updating nethserver 7.3

NethServer Version: 7.3.1611 (Final)
Module: *

I can’t seem to get a server graphical environment (no GUI no web browser) after interactive installing nethserver 7.3 using iso. It reboots to terminal command without bringing up any sort of GUI.

After first install, it reboots and asks

localhost login:
password:

after typing root
my root password
yum update

system updates and then reboots to:

NethServer release 7.3.1611 (Final)
Kernel 3.10.0-514.26.2.e17.x86_64 on an x86_64
localhost login:

After logging with user account, it gives a terminal command. I would of thought that it would boot into a server interface or graphical environment (web browser) where I can do configurations.

Hardware specs:
MB: Asrock z170M-ITX/ac
CPU: skylake i5
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 120 GB

I have been a zentyal user for a while until upgraded from version 4.2 to 5 and faced similiar issues with no graphical environment and lack of support. Maybe issues with intel graphics HD530 firmware and kernel used. I’am stuck and need help.

Regards
Ricko

This is the expected behaviour. No GUI by default to save resources and keep packages/dependencies to the minimum (reduced vector of attacks/conflicts/bugs…)
Management can be done from a networked computer.

Still you can install a desktop environment afterwards.

1 Like

Thanks dnutan…i’m new to nethserver coming from a zentyal backgroud with gui included in setup. I will have a go. Be nice to be able to setup as server/gateway out of network before deploying.

You should get a configuration page with a browser. Don’t forget the port 980 for it.

YourServerIP:980

2 Likes