No Field Nethforge in Cockpit after updating from 7.7 to 7.8

NethServer Version: 7.8.2003
Module: Cockpit

Hi @ all,

on my Mainserver i missed the Field Nethforge in the Softwarecenter after the update from 7.7 to 7.8.
On a other (Virtual) fresh installation with 7.8.2003 image the missed field is inside the Softwarecenter.

What is the reason for this?

Regards…

Uwe

Cannot reproduce. Can you check in old server manager if it’s the same?

Yes,

it’s the same in the old servermanager.
On fresh installation i can find the the Field NethForge in the old Servermanager.
On updated server i cant find this Field in the old Servermanager.

Do you have an subscription for this setup?

_ If yes _

The update probably disabled the nethforge repository. This because packages in this repository are a community effort not supported by Nethserver ( as in Nethesis the company behind Nethserver).

If you want nethforge enabled anyway you may edit /etc/yum.repos.d/NethForge.repo
and look for enabled=0 in the [nethforge] section change this in enabled=1
EDIT:
keep [nethforge-testing] disabled !

Than yum makecache

Or do it the “rhel - official” way:

yum install yum-utils

yum-config-manager --enable nethforge

yum makecache

5 Likes

Yes, i have a subscription. Thank you for the explanation.

The idea behind the choice of disabling the NethForce repo for subscribed systems was to give the NethServer @support_team fewer variables when diagnosing problems.
Given that after two years the subscription program has not generated a single ticket, we could revise our plan.
Could we allow more “freedom” for subscriptions?

2 Likes

I for instance simply use the subscription as a way of having access to stable/constant updates for production environments & trying to ensure NethServer will be around for some time by paying some $$. Maybe different sub levels have different requirements for your trouble shooting teams, IE Crostino vs. Lasagna on up?

1 Like