No access to webinterface

Following an unattended install, I have no acess to my server on ports 980 or 9090 from anywhere on my local network. A scan shows only ports 9000 and 9028 existing neither of which give access to the web interface page to complete the installation.

@dustyp

Hi

And Welcome to the NethServer community!

Any specific reason why an unattended install? (I assume with a NethServerCD / ISO…).
Special hardware?

→ Most likely the network is not being recognized…
It could also be that you’re using an IPMI NIC Interface, not the real NIC, as the 2 ports mentionned do not sound familiar, but two ports with 9000 / 9028 could be IPMI or something…

Without more info, help is difficult…

My 2 cents
Andy

I’m using an unattended install because the usual install fails to find the installation destination (two x completely empty 1 Tb disks) continuously cycling between the disks being selected and a message “No disks found”
I’m selecting automatic partitioning with extra space. (manual partitioning aborts with a long list of error codes that are too long to list here but inply a failure to install Centos.
The server was previously used as a Koozali SMEserver.but with the addition of one of the drives.
I’m running a FULL check of the new drive before reinstalling Centos

@dustyp

Hi

I’m also an “ex” SME / Koozali user…

Both SME Server and NethServer are based on RHEL, but probably different Versions.
NethServer, with the newer RHEL7 underneath, should recognize more hardware than RHEL6, which is what SME Server 9 was based upon…

It could be a hardware issue…

Does your server have some form of RAID built in? On some hardware it helps to set the controller in AHCI mode…

My 2 cents
Andy

Yes, definitely a hardware fault. The check of the new drive will take another hour. When complete I’ll install Centos on the main drive via a restore of my old Koozali 10 system, expand it to both drives and install nethserver via yum.

@dustyp

Hi

Better would be a native install of NethServer, directly from CD / ISO / USB.

Then get your working last backup from SME Server, and use the migration script to migrate.
This covers almost everything (Besides PDC → AD migration). It does include groups, users, ibays and mail…

See here:
https://docs.nethserver.org/en/v7/migration.html

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like

Thanks, Andy.
Tests show that both hard disks were faulty.
New drives ordered - Start Again!

• Dusty
2 Likes

@dustyp

Hi Dusty

Please tick this issue as solved, it might help someone else…

If you have further issues or questions, open a new ticket with an appropriate (new) title!

And don’t forget, Our motto here is:
The only dumb questions are those never asked!

My 2 cents
Andy

1 Like